Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird crunk/creak noise

darkbluedestroyer

Hi, I have a Ford Fiesta 2009, and i’d say over the past 2 weeks whenever i’ve left my car over night and take the handbrake off it makes a weird crunk (I can’t think of a better way to describe it) coming from right under me/just behind me on the drivers side.I never thought much of it, until today when driving home I noticed a creaking noise coming from a similar area.

Now whenever I move off in first gear or slow down and turn a corner the creaking happens, it isn’t squeaky I honestly am struggling to describe it. 

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or know what it might be? Thank you 

11 minutes ago, LostNTransit said:

A clunking or creaking sound tend to indicate that a bushing or ball joint has become worn or has failed.  However based on your location, both of these are not the same or aren't the same part. I suspect one is the bushing/ball joint while the other could be a rear brake hub that could be showing signs of wear.

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention the clunking noise also happens when i turn the engine on. After extensive googling it seems like it’s something to do with the suspension?

Im wondering if the car is safe to drive

front anti roll bar bushes or rear spring isolators (the rubber bits that go on top of the rear springs) ?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar, though not so worrying? yet, experience on my 2014 Fiesta except my suspension noise is only apparent when negotiating speed bumps (slowly) and only the front does it.  Don't hear anything on normal driving on normal surfaces.   I'm particular about taking speed bumps and will even change my route to avoid them.  Car has only done about 32K miles and recently passed mot fine.   Anti roll bar bushes ?  Can I spray them with anything temporarily ?Any comments?

Yes, silicone spray, but they are difficult to reach. 

2 hours ago, Magenta said:

Anti roll bar bushes ?  Can I spray them with anything temporarily ?

And remember that any overspray can mark nice block paved driveways (ask me how I know!!!).

20 hours ago, alanfp said:

Yes, silicone spray, but they are difficult to reach. 

And remember that any overspray can mark nice block paved driveways (ask me how I know!!!).

Thanks.   Is this the same as WD40 or is silicone spray different?

32 minutes ago, Magenta said:

Is this the same as WD40 or is silicone spray different?

Two completely different products.

WD40 is a penetrating and release fluid. It does not lubricate

Silicon spray (often made by the company called WD40) is a lubricant.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Holts-LOYHMTN0301A-Silicone-Spray-500ml/dp/B00R1F1ZRE/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1SG439VWHW166&keywords=silicone+spray&qid=1680515122&sprefix=silicon+spray%2Caps%2C175&sr=8-1

• Thanks 1

Thanks Unofix.  Bought some silicone spray from Halfords and sprayed anti-rollbar bush rubbers both sides.  as you said, it was a bit of a struggle for me to reach them using only a jack  - but it has worked!  Would be a doddle with a garage lift.  Thanks again.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, after two months,  the creak has now returned but it does seem to depend on the weather.  I'll do another more thorough silicone job before taking any more drastic costly action.

On 5/30/2023 at 10:31 AM, Magenta said:

Unfortunately, after two months,  the creak has now returned but it does seem to depend on the weather.  I'll do another more thorough silicone job before taking any more drastic costly action.

if it doesnt work again get the powerflex ones..the purple NOT the black series!

16 hours ago, OvEr_KiLL said:

if it doesnt work again get the powerflex ones..the purple NOT the black series!

This is the anti roll bar bushes ?

12 hours ago, Magenta said:

This is the anti roll bar bushes ?

yesh

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club