Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Facelift Hid Upgrade

r0b3r7

Hey folks, I want to do a HID headlight upgrade on my car, I cant find any decent info on what's involved, some sites give instructions saying it will take between 2-3 hours others state 30 minutes. I've been looking at the kits on eBay, is it just a case of plugging them into the block connector, then running leads to the battery?

Any help would be great

Cheers

I fit a set to my old Celica.

I posted up instructions on my website.

The principle will still be the same. ;)

Before you fit these check up on the legislation on them ive been after a set of ages because ive got angel eyes with projector lenses so the effects would be awsome but there lillegal on cars that dont have auto-leveling and/or headlight washers.

Not saying dont fit them but if a copper is having a bad day he might like you a little more than normal.

Mike

Before you fit these check up on the legislation on them ive been after a set of ages because ive got angel eyes with projector lenses so the effects would be awsome but there lillegal on cars that dont have auto-leveling and/or headlight washers.

Not saying dont fit them but if a copper is having a bad day he might like you a little more than normal.

Mike

other than that they are now picking them up and failing cars on there mot if they have no washers or auto leveling many of us did it on the vw forum and very few still have them after various issues from failing mots to being pulled or lights that just never worked right

Hi All.

A mate of mine has got a coversion kit for his 53 plate corsa from a company called hids4u, they were really good with the advice and even told him that after market kits are not road legal. (but he got it anyway :) )

It only took an hour to fit, similar to changing the bulbs and has not changed the beam pattern so has never failed the MOT.

Hope this helps

Dean

aaah, thats a bit s**t then. Quick couple of questions - Auto Levelling headlights - My folks have a BMW 3 series, when you turn the ignition on, the lights move up then down then settle - is this auto levelling?? If so, my Focus doesnt have that, only the manual dial on the dash.

Also, why the stipulation of headlight washers? do the bulbs run hotter, causing dirt to dry onto the headlamps?

Cheers again

Rob

aaah, thats a bit s**t then. Quick couple of questions - Auto Levelling headlights - My folks have a BMW 3 series, when you turn the ignition on, the lights move up then down then settle - is this auto levelling?? If so, my Focus doesnt have that, only the manual dial on the dash.

Also, why the stipulation of headlight washers? do the bulbs run hotter, causing dirt to dry onto the headlamps?

Cheers again

Rob

Yep thats auto headlamp adjust my dads st220 has it aswell and the washers "son of a b***h" lol dont no why they have the washers but all cars with xeons have them chances are something to do with the heat of the bulb

Yep thats auto headlamp adjust my dads st220 has it aswell and the washers "son of a b***h" lol dont no why they have the washers but all cars with xeons have them chances are something to do with the heat of the bulb

Ah well, sounds like to much hassle, for an icy white glow. Might give it a miss then :)

yeah my mazda 6 sport had the auto leveling and washers aswell tho passenger side headlight was temperamental and came on when it wanted and i was told by a garage a proper xenon bulb would cost £50???

Ah well, sounds like to much hassle, for an icy white glow. Might give it a miss then :)

Just upgrade the standard bulbs to some phillips x-vision ice white or something will be cheaper and half the faf

yeah my mazda 6 sport had the auto leveling and washers aswell tho passenger side headlight was temperamental and came on when it wanted and i was told by a garage a proper xenon bulb would cost £50???

Yeah xeon bulbs are stupidally expensive ive seen on various st mondeo forum's people complaning about ford charging silly figures for bulb's

i just bought some ultra white xenon bulbs for the focus and arrived today but i think the postmans dropped them one is very cloudy looking and the case is cracked lol??

Just upgrade the standard bulbs to some phillips x-vision ice white or something will be cheaper and half the faf

Never even thought of doing that, do they give off a better glow than the yellow tinged halogen bulbs? Also what type bulbs are they H4 or H7? And are they suitible for the front fogs also??

Sorry for the barrage of question there haha :D

Cheers again

Never even thought of doing that, do they give off a better glow than the yellow tinged halogen bulbs? Also what type bulbs are they H4 or H7? And are they suitible for the front fogs also??

Sorry for the barrage of question there haha :D

Cheers again

Haha no worries, yeah miles better i had some x-vision's in my standard ford clusters looked ace and made night driving easier, if memory serves correctly there h7 i think pre-facelift's were h4 or h1, theres diff kinds for fogs wouldant bother with them though just do the sidelights out for led's or "ice white" there wedge fit and u can get a pair of those for about a quid lol.

Heres my angel eye's with some upgraded bulbs in rather than hid's

As for daz just do a quick plug and play on them if it works your laffing if not send them back

post-9491-128127290842_thumb.jpg

post-9491-128127292542_thumb.jpg

Cool i see what you mean mate!! Will go ahead an purchase myslef a pair ;)

Thanks alot for your help *thumbs up smiley* :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club