Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cd 6000 Stuck Cd

Neil Carter

Can anybody help,

I have a Ford Focus 09 and recently had the head unit changed by Ford under warrenty. However at first use of a copied CD it has got stuck. My local Ford garage will not accept that it was anything to do with them and want to charge a stupid amount to send the unit back.

I know your not suppossed to use copied cd's but they worked fine in the previous unit.

Any help on how to remove the stuck CD would be greatly appreciated

The only way is to take the unit out and try and take it to bits carefully and then try to pull the cd out somehow trying not to damage the unit, you may end up damaging the cd it's self, you may be able to push it out with a small screwdriver once you have the top off.

Make sure you have the code before you take the unit out.

Good luck I have done it before you can do it.

The only way is to take the unit out and try and take it to bits carefully and then try to pull the cd out somehow trying not to damage the unit, you may end up damaging the cd it's self, you may be able to push it out with a small screwdriver once you have the top off.

Make sure you have the code before you take the unit out.

Good luck I have done it before you can do it.

Thanks, Could you give me details how you took the unit out and where to start ??

I have only ever taken out the old units and done it sorry to miss lead you would not have a clue how to take out the new units in the focus etc, but I am sure someone on here knows.

Have you tried a long pair of teweezers, should be narrow and long enough to pull the disc out :unsure: used them on an old head unit a few years back

Have you tried a long pair of teweezers, should be narrow and long enough to pull the disc out :unsure: used them on an old head unit a few years back

Problem with this unit the CD slot is very tight and also covered by somthing that prevents you seeing inside, I have tried a few things but all no good. Maybe I need to remove the unit, anyone help with how to do this ??

Problem with this unit the CD slot is very tight and also covered by somthing that prevents you seeing inside, I have tried a few things but all no good. Maybe I need to remove the unit, anyone help with how to do this ??

there should be 2 square slots on each side these are for the removal tool take a wire coat hanger cut it into 2 8 inch long pieces and bend them into a u shape push 1 into the first 2 holes on the one side do tthat with the other and pull the stereo should slide out if you dont have the coat hanger you can improvise a couple of drill bits small screwdrivers will all work or the removal keys you get from Halfords for a few quid

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club