Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Problems With A Ford Galaxy 1.9Tdi

Sue3008

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me I have a galaxy 1.9tdi 1997. It runs fine but have a problem starting it it is almost like I have to wind it up.

We have changed 2 relays 109 and 102 (I think that was the numbers my husband said he had changed), checked all fuses, have also had new glow plugs and glow plug sensor. We have had the power checked and there is no power going to the glow plugs but there is power going to the relays.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what it could be? We are all out of ideas and don't want to change fuel pump as it is a costly job and knowing our luck won't solve the problem.

Thanks Sue

i can not remember on the galaxy if the plugs only work below a certain temp,the power to the relay is controlled by the ecu,you could have a problem with the temp sender unit giving the ecu false signals so the glowplugs are not required,you could do with a live data scan to see if the temp sender is working correctley. it could also be nothing to do with the plugs and have some other reason why its difficult to start.

my husband said he had changed the temp sensor. he has also had two Diagnostic checks run both found nothing

i know this might be a silly question but is the battery and alternator up to standard?

Not a silly question sometimes the obvious can be missed unfortunately not this time. Both the battery and alternator are fine.

Can you think of anything else as we are really at a loss.

Thanks

Sue

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club