Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus convertible 2008 sunroof won't open

Alison301

Hi all, I've got a ford focus 2008 convertible. A friend said that the rain might be coming through where the sunroof closes. So he put duct tape over where it closes. I've just been to a body shop who do accident and repairs. The took it apart and said about 7 sensors are out.

I've got it booked in to an auto electricians next week. If he can't help il just have to cheaply part ex it. Its such a shame it flies down the motorway and great body work.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alison301 said:

Hi all, I've got a ford focus 2008 convertible. A friend said that the rain might be coming through where the sunroof closes. So he put duct tape over where it closes. I've just been to a body shop who do accident and repairs. The took it apart and said about 7 sensors are out.

I've got it booked in to an auto electricians next week. If he can't help il just have to cheaply part ex it. Its such a shame it flies down the motorway and great body work.

Hi , welcome to the club/forums . I always fancied one of the CC's myself but  I've heard of the potential nightmares that the sensors can be . 

I can only wish you all the best at the auto-sparks , the resident techsperts here have probably gone to put their pjays on and say their prayers before bedtime . 

Come back and let us know how you get on 👍

45 minutes ago, plasticpat said:

the resident techsperts here have probably gone to put their pjays on and say their prayers before bedtime .

Not quite yet 🤣

Parts list for the sensors: https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/40/no/0/1620/15921/69623/

FORScan will tell you which sensors are not working correctly. It's very unlikely there will be anymore than 2 broken. The others are probably just not in the correct place.

Spare parts for these are hard to come by these days, but there is a company that does service & repair these roofs. You will have no luck trying any of the Ford dealers as none of them will have any trained technicians that understand or know how the roof works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The roof repair company is in Chester.

On 9/1/2022 at 10:55 AM, Bigtone46 said:

Hi all, thanks to every one who pitched in with suggestions. Found a roof repair company in Chester called Hoodtech run by a young guy called Charlie. All he does is soft tops and hard tops, manual and electric. Very busy, it took 4 weeks to get an appointment.
Only 2 hours away from me so arrived at 10.00 and by 10.45 he had found the sensors that were the cause of the problem. Very clean workshop and a nice guy. He wanted the car for a week to suss out whether sensors, wiring or ECU. Turned out to be the ECU. New ECU and all back to normal complete with a warranty. Only problem was it cost £700 but had to be done or car was not worth anything. Daughter now happy and is keeping the car.

As an aside, came back from Chester to north Worcestershire on 4 buses with my bus pass! Took 5 hours to do 80 miles but at least it was free!

Peter, even the dealer she bought it off has no-one trained on CC!

• Like 1

A great shame that even back then that Ford didn't think it worthwhile training at least 2 people from each of their dealer network to work on them (I always thought that the CC was quite the looker) .

Easier/cheaper just to shirk their responsibility ...

Quite a habit that's become eh Ford ! 

• Like 1

Quite disappointing that Alison301 took the time to post a tale of woe, but hasn't had the time to check back for the answers. I should have known better when I see that the profile wasn't completed. 🙁

************ One Post Wonder Alert **************

@Alison301

• Like 1

Just now, unofix said:

Quite disappointing that Alison301 took the time to post a tale of woe, but hasn't had the time to check back for the answers. I should have known better when I see that the profile wasn't completed. 🙁

I thought that a bit strange too , although she did say that her car was to go in next week so maybe she's still waiting to actually take her car in ? *Shrugs shoulders* 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club