Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 53 1.4 Duratec Wont Start - Diagnostic Say Transmission Ecu

just drive

I was wondering if anyone had any info that could help me with my Fiesta 1.4 duratec (53 plate).

Gather round and i'll tell you the story....

Was heading out from a friends the car started up as usual but wouldn't engage in gear - the instrument display showed either '1' or 'R' flashing, which means the gear is not engaged. I put it in neutral and tried again several times with no luck.

I turned the car off and when i tried to turn it back on i got nothing but some electrical noises from under the bonnet. So i took the spark plugs out they seemed ok, i put them back in and it started ok....then i turned it off to make sure it wasn't a fluke and it wouldn't come on again.

Left it for a day then my friend (who's house i broke down in front of) tried it and called to tell me that it sounds like it wants to trun over. I head down there and it does sound close to turning over....only it doesn't do so.

I bought new spark plugs which made no difference...They went sooty and black at the bottom. I called my mechanic(moneygrabber) to put it on the diagnostic which gave me 10 fault codes which i will post once i get them (yes i should have written them down first time...tomorrow it will be done). One of the codes i remember was talking about abs fault (possibly a signal fault) and the rest were mainly ecu/ecm fault codes. My mechanic tells me i need gearbox ecu/ecm which sounds like a lot of £££ and like he's trying to line his pockets(never sure).

I've tried it a few times since and it sounds like it wants to turn over but doesn't.

Anyone.....someone..??

• 2 weeks later...

fault codes i got today finally.

P0500 - VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR MALFUNCTION

U0155 - LOST COMMUNICATION WITH INSTRUMENT PANEL CLUSTER(IPC) CONTROL MODULE

P0351 - IGNITION COIL PRIMARY A/SECONDARY CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION

P0352 - IGNITION COIL PRIMARY B/SECONDARY CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION

P0460 - FUEL LEVEL SENSOR CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION

U2510 - INVALID SECURITY DATA RECIEVED FROM POWERTRAIN ECU

P2107 - THROTTLE ACTUATOR CONTROL MODULE PROCESSOR (THIS ONE CAME UP TWICE SEPERATELY).

ANY IDEAS INTO WHICH ONE'S IS PREVENTING THE CAR TO START WOULD BE HELPFUL.WE CHANGED THE COIL BOX TODAY AND THE MECHANIC WHO PUT THE DIAGNOSTIC ON THERE TODAY SUGGEST WE CHANGE THE CRACKSHAFT SENSOR.

Hello

One Think i would do is remember the fault codes.

Disconnect the battery if you have the radio code.

And see what happens from there.

Does the imobilisor light flash on the dash board when the key is turned to starting position.

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried taking the battery off for 30-60 mins and come back and nothing. However after two weeks of being stuck there idle, it started and drove for about a week before it happened again. I left it for a few days then it started again....only it happened in the space of 5 mins. I believe its the TCU which i believe controls the clutch movement and gear change in the manual shift mode (semi-auto) as the gear change hasn't seemed right for a while. So Im currently looking to get my TCU/Clutch actuator reconditioned or replaced possibly with BBA reman.

I understand that FORD charges £800 for a new one of these parts however BBA reman reconditions or replaces yours for anywhere up to £300....so they say.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club