Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus 1.0 ecoboost rough idle

Julian0476

My ford focus st line 1.0 ecoboost seems to be idling roughly obviously the engine is shaking slightly, an also it only revs up to around 4000. Has anyone had this problem before an whats the possible causes of this?

• Sad 1

Is  this a new problem ?

Most 1.0 ecoboost seem to idle rough from the many comments posted on the forum.

I know 3 cylinder engines are not so smooth at idling, but it's a rough idle an won't rev over 4000 just shakes when those revs are reached

Is it a Mk3 or Mk4 2018? I’ve been in a few 1.0’s and they all sound wrong at idle you think it’s misfiring 😂

will it pass 4000 when driving? Could just be a soft limiter, does it seem down on power?

10 hours ago, Foxxyblieu9 said:

Is it a Mk3 or Mk4 2018? I’ve been in a few 1.0’s and they all sound wrong at idle you think it’s misfiring 😂

will it pass 4000 when driving? Could just be a soft limiter, does it seem down on power?

It's a mk3 2018 I'll put it on a scanner later even though it dont have any light on, don't think it misfiring as it drives fine not sure if it will pass 4000 when driving I don't really boot it tbh

11 hours ago, Foxxyblieu9 said:

Just took it for a drive an it does go over 4000 when driven, 

Could the rough idle perhaps be the cylinder deactivation function kicking in? My 2022 Focus sometimes idles a little rough (when warm) and I assume it’s because of this.

8 minutes ago, Don MC said:

Could the rough idle perhaps be the cylinder deactivation function kicking in? My 2022 Focus sometimes idles a little rough (when warm) and I assume it’s because of this.

Cylinder Deactivation does not happen at Idle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tizer said:

Cylinder Deactivation does not happen at Idle.

You beat me to it 🤣

I was just about to say that.

• Like 1

OK. Then it was something else I was experiencing. To be precise, it has happened only once for me. Warm engine, below freezing weather. Parked with engine on.

On 3/18/2023 at 10:55 AM, Julian0476 said:

Just took it for a drive an it does go over 4000 when driven, 

And it doesn’t feel like a lack of power? I’d say it’s probably just a soft limiter 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club