Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farenheight To Celsius?!

MrrNoName

Hi Everyone, Please forgive me if im not asking this correctly but this is my first post :)

I own a 2006 Ford Focus 1.8 TDCI Titanium with dual climate control.

The display is currently in farenheight for both displays. Ive searched everywhere including in the handbook but cannot find a method to switch the displays to celsius. This is driving me nuts as im pretty sure there will be a simple way of doing it if I could only find out what it was!

Any input would be greatly appreciated :D

Max

Hi Everyone, Please forgive me if im not asking this correctly but this is my first post :)

I own a 2006 Ford Focus 1.8 TDCI Titanium with dual climate control.

The display is currently in farenheight for both displays. Ive searched everywhere including in the handbook but cannot find a method to switch the displays to celsius. This is driving me nuts as im pretty sure there will be a simple way of doing it if I could only find out what it was!

Any input would be greatly appreciated :D

Max

theres a few ways first try pushing auto and defrost at the same time for a few seconds

2nd press recirculate and front defrost together fopr a few seconds

3rd press and hold recirc button and temperature up at the swame time

Thanks for your reply :)

I dont have the car with me at the moment, but i will definitly try those when I do

I reallly hope one of these solves this as its been bugging me for ages!

I wonder why ford dont put this info in the user guide?

Max

Hi - I had this problem about 18 months ? ago and posted the same question. I think you need to use the reset button to do this - it worked fine for me.

Sorry I can't be more specefic.

I suggest you do a search of the forum and find my old post.

Hope this helps.

argh, none of the three methods worked?

I dont have the red dash display as in the newer focus you have, mine has the older green display inbetween the dials.

I cant see any reset button anywhere??!

my climate controls have two LCD screens (one for each zone) with a row of buttons inbetween

4746adbb1dcebbdd59e7ea1d7dc30cc5.jpg

sorry about the crappy american pic, that was the only one i could find on google with the same controls

does anybody have the same controls as me and know how to change them to celsius?

This is starting to drive me MAD now haha

Max

on my parent's CC although the newer shape it is in the menu system on the screen on the dash, the problem was when they set it to degrees celcius it changes everything else to litres per km or something not MPG, however while it was in at ford they changed it for us, what im assuming is it can be controlled by fords computer system, since your car is the older model i assume it isnt in warranty? if it isnt you could try ringing their tech number its 09 though, they are usually pretty good, alternatively you could try calling your dealer and asking, id assume they would charge an hours labour though.

Regards

Anthony

hi again, just thought id finish this one off to help others as ive got the solution now.

It seems antman99 was correct. Through the system menu on the dash you can either select metric or imperial under "settings"

If you set it to metric you get celsius for temp on all the displays and kilometers for distance.

If you set it to imperial you get fahrenheit for temp and miles for distance.

You have to set it to imperial to get miles for the distance readings and then use the system menu to scroll to "outside temperature" on the dash display. When this is displayed on the screen in fahrenheit you hold in the set button and it changes all of the displays to celsius

presto! miles and celsius together :)

simple :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club