Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Complicated electrical issues: Help!

Athlon

Help! 

I have a 2012 1.25 Zetec I bought with a broken gearbox as a project but it has grown into a huge headache and I wondered if any of the guru's on here might be able to help.

Symptoms:  Nearside front and rear door central locking does not operate.  Nearside front window works correctly from nearside switch but inoperative from drivers side, strangely when you attempt to drop the window from the drivers side switch the little light for the door pocket illuminates!  Nearside electric mirror inoperative.

Tried so far:  Substituted door lock with same result. Substituted window switch on drivers door with same result. Checked fuses, checked for damaged wires between doors and body. 

It's all very weird, Code read with Autel and no faults registered in the BCM.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone has seen the same issues. 

Cheers

Alex

The fault is either with the Passenger Door Module (nearside front door) or the wiring/connector to the PDM

On 5 door models there is one door control module in each of the front doors.

PDM.JPG

door locks.JPG

Windows.JPG

• Like 1

I would go looking for poor electrical ground connections. Many of the equipment items don’t require much power. But, they absolutely must have a good, clean connection to earth. 
I like to apply some good old fashioned petroleum jelly over the connections to the chassis wether it’s inside the cabin or in the engine compartment. It’s working wonderfully for me. I would suggest that you buy one for your toolbox or workbench. Your wife won’t be happy seeing you dipping into the supply from the medicine cabinet!image.thumb.jpg.5a8aa776ea31234493518840e4d76926.jpg

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Scottman said:

seeing you dipping into the supply from the medicine cabinet

You can use that stuff for medical reasons ???

Well I never !! What ever next, electricians tape for sticking plasters 🤣🤣

• Like 2

i always had a jar in my tackle box ---- for fishing purposes

Gaffa tape depending on how much blood.

I’ve never used it for wound dressing or anything but chapped skin on my feet. But, yes. They claim many topical uses for Petroleum jelly!

I can testify that it’s great for preventing corrosion on exposed electrical and ground connections!

5 hours ago, unofix said:

The fault is either with the Passenger Door Module (nearside front door) or the wiring/connector to the PDM

On 5 door models there is one door control module in each of the front doors.

PDM.JPG

door locks.JPG

Windows.JPG

I initially thought that but for some reason the wire that powers up in one direction from the drivers side switch is a white wire that does not go to the door module but directly to the little light which it illuminates ? I am struggling with this one. As well as the mirror not working and the rear door lock not working as well? Thanks for your help, the diagrams are handy, cheers

Use FORScan and test the PDM.

• Like 2

Any one who lives near me and needs FORscan, you can come to me and borrow it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club