Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2 Focus Hatchback- Boot not opening

JACK982

Hi all, I have an 2006 1.4 Mk2 Petrol Focus hatchback. The boot does not open. But opens on the keyfob. I have replaced the handle switch,and checked all wiring. Boot still does not open. This has happened before and I had replaced the switch and it worked. But this time it does not work,excepted on the fab. I have checked the wiring between the tailgate and the body.

I may be wrong but was there a security setting that disabled the external button to stop someone opening at traffic lights etc?

just a thought. Seen it on a vehicle somewhere.

15 hours ago, RL123 said:

I may be wrong but was there a security setting that disabled the external button to stop someone opening at traffic lights etc?

just a thought. Seen it on a vehicle somewhere.

I've had my MK2 for 4 years, I've never come across that type of security on mine. My standard response to the fault would be to replace the press handle, I'm on my 3rd, but OP said he's done that, so, I'm stumped 🤔

• Like 1

its generall the micr switch in the rubber boobie under the lift, not known for lasting. i got one off eBay for a tenner witha lifetime guarantee, that ive already used once. while i had it off this time i duct taped any holes and edged the grab rail so water couldnt get in, seems ok thus far.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

its generall the micr switch in the rubber boobie under the lift, not known for lasting. i got one off eBay for a tenner witha lifetime guarantee, that ive already used once. while i had it off this time i duct taped any holes and edged the grab rail so water couldnt get in, seems ok thus far.

I already have my 4th replacement in garage ready and waiting. It has a nice Gorilla bead of sealant around the rubber boot in the hope it will repel water from entering it and destroying the micro switch!

• Like 1

I’ve had so many vehicles of various manufacturers and models and cannot remember which had the feature, obviously not Focus then. Sorry to mislead.

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I've had my MK2 for 4 years, I've never come across that type of security on mine. My standard response to the fault would be to replace the press handle, I'm on my 3rd, but OP said he's done that, so, I'm stumped 🤔

Hi there,update- I replaced as I said,then this morn,i opened and closed the boot as usual with the fob,except this time by accident I barely closed the boot,I pressed the handle and all a sudden it kicked in and it worked!. So now its back opening with the handle!.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club