Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Red 1.0 Ecoboost to 1.25 non-turbo Swap

Ömer Özdemir

Hello guys,

I am preparing my car to swap the engines (1.0 EB to 1.25 non-turbo) because of lots of issues on 1.0 ecoboost engine and it's durability.

I bought the 1.25 engine, air intake, A/C compressor, starter, catalyzor, transmission, axles, engine wirings and ECU (siemens). I was very excited till yesterday night to swap these engines and hopeful that it will work.

BUT, I forgot 1 big issue, which wiring plug from cabin is not compatible with 1.25 ECU.

1.0 ECU has 2 big plugs, one is from engine and one is from cabin. On the other hand, 1.25 ECU has 3 small plugs, 2 is from engine and 1 is from cabin. Because of the big plug from cabin, I cannot fixate it to 1.25 ECU.

Is there anybody who has SWAP experience and solution for that?

Regards,

Omer.

• Sad 1

You might as well source the 1.25 cabin harness too and swap it over completely

I think, if I was going to pull a 1.0 Ecoboost out to replace with an NA engine, I'd have put a 1.6 in, not a 1.25

Your engine hasn't gone bang yet, so take your time and source ALL the correct donor parts to perform the transplant.

Of course, you know that you have just completely devalued your car, but if you're planning on running it until it dies then no worries

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club