Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MONDEO REAR COIL SPRINGS

Vectrum999

Hi, can anyone shed some light on this one for me please?

On the shop.ford.co.uk website, there are 3 rear coil springs listed as compatible for my 2010 Titanium X Sport 2.0 SCTI. The prices are - £22.94 for the cheapest, £93.67 for the mid-range and £154.47 for the most expensive.

Can anyone tell me the difference please?

Cheers.

4 minutes ago, Vectrum999 said:

Yep, thanks.  They are all different part numbers.  If you have a look at your rear springs, there should be a few dabs of coloured paint on them to help work out which you need.  You can cross reference colours with part numbers here.  The part numbers on the Ford site are immediately below the title.

Rear Springs And Shock Absorbers FORD Mondeo 2007-2014 (CA2) (7zap.com)

Cool - thank you Sir. No doubt mine will be the expensive ones!

• Like 1

Why would all 3 show as being compatible though?

57 minutes ago, Vectrum999 said:

They all fit the Mondeo.

The database isn't smart enough to separate out trim levels.

1 hour ago, Vectrum999 said:

Heavy duty use towing etc ?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

Heavy duty use towing etc ?

Not quite.  It's more hatch or estate, sports trim or comfort trim, diesel or petrol, adaptive dampers or fixed, etc.

Loads of combo's for OE springs.  

You'll find most aftermarket manufacturers just make 'one size fits all'...so you end up with a saggy rear estate or a wallowy sports model etc.

• Like 2

Put your VIN number into here and it should, repeat should give you part numbers applicable to your vehicle

https://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en

If I put the VIN number in for my 2011 Mk4.5 Titanium X Sport 2L Ecoboost it comes up with rear spring part number 1509952 - not the most expensive spring!

Looks about right as quite correctly it says "sports tuned suspension"

• Like 1

Got them done - £289 total. That was £162 labour (2 1/2 hours - Mechanic said bolts had seized and needed cutting off!)  £79 for springs and new bolts and then VAT on top. Assured me they were the OEM springs from Ford.

Sound about right?

On 3/24/2023 at 5:08 PM, TrevorB said:

Put your VIN number into here and it should, repeat should give you part numbers applicable to your vehicle

https://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en

If I put the VIN number in for my 2011 Mk4.5 Titanium X Sport 2L Ecoboost it comes up with rear spring part number 1509952 - not the most expensive spring!

Looks about right as quite correctly it says "sports tuned suspension"

Same spring listed for my diesel TXS, not the most expensive but more than what OP has paid for them, if indeed they were Ford springs (or the correct spring).

See here... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393396440523?fits=Car+Make%3AFord&epid=1809769280&hash=item5b98414dcb:g:IrAAAOSw-45gycem&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4H2ONmA8kH6wBxjJZEjNqb2LJs6dZC143mvA1f3raiMn3QRUtFxI4%2BccGgzqrTaiFp0LHynS8cSbEhBVLLivvVqj9%2B6b6GJ8yJBoM0y5mHD%2BZrpg74IuLkl9NzN2t9IvHt9q6nwc5fkaYIMsT5xmT2kuT663uXFAtbNjOfxtIJTeH2ZCLbxjCKsw7mBMfya55ViSQmdOXuONSmfILFFGNvJWGyZ24kBe8PATKwoUF%2FqsLh%2B5bb7qk%2B0PxTZNVsav%2BxUVjTeXBrzyf69xw%2F0tHmtQbVjF5Urcw6TBnx32UYyS|tkp%3ABk9SR5yjzpHlYQ

I've been meaning to replace the rear springs on my car but was quite ill last year so haven't yet done so. I bought aftermarket springs which were listed for the "sport" and had different part number to the standard springs. Can't remember how much I paid for them but less than £100 for the pair.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club