Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy wheel paint code

bertj

I was forced into the kerb and badly scratched the nearside front wheel (Titanium X 17" - 2021). I'll get ir refurbished eventually but, in the meantime, I want to touch up some of the damage. Anyone know the paint code/name for these wheels. Thanks in advance.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bertj said:

I was forced into the kerb and badly scratched the nearside front wheel (Titanium X 17" - 2021). I'll get ir refurbished eventually but, in the meantime, I want to touch up some of the damage. Anyone know the paint code/name for these wheels. Thanks in advance.  

A picture of said wheels would be helpful for identifying the correct paint code.

• Like 2

59C8E402-1F76-4741-9F73-11854E1CCDB4.thumb.jpeg.34dd0733d58ae9b6ad00e8c22efc1d31.jpeg94B0AC5E-8DA8-4F6F-A13F-B75BA611B48B.thumb.jpeg.bc455580851309ba8f74807ec2015261.jpegFord did away with listing paint identification numbers for wheels in the mid 1980’s in America.

My purchase of a basic Fiesta in 2011 and then the purchase of an Fiesta ST in 2016 led me to search the automotive paint supplier industry for suitable matches and I have found a couple that work. 
because all Ford alloy wheels are clearcoat painted if they aren’t chromed, these finishes were designed to match only when sprayed at around 45 psi at the gun. I can’t recommend that basecoat be applied with a brush or torn end of a paper matchstick because it was formulated to match when applied according to the directions and then receive a clear Finnish coat.

So, any less than a full effort is a waste of time and expense. But, I have used these products and can say that they can do a very good job if applied correctly to a properly prepared surface.

the first one is available in a spray can. It’s made by Duplicolor products, company. This one is a very good match for the aluminum 15 inch wheels and wheel covers for the basic Fiesta from 2011 to current that are painted in what Ford refers to as “Sparkle silver”. Duplicolor number WP101. The grey primer is FP101. The spray clear coat is HWP103.

The match for the Fiesta ST wheel color Ford refers to as “Rado grey” is decently matched by a 2015 Kia color that is referred to as “Satin metal effect”. I will dig out the can and post up the Kia paint ID number soon. It’s stored away and I haven’t touched it since last autumn.

885400DA-B07E-451A-8E1C-CC5FA9EFE635.thumb.jpeg.5a91759eacb3ff27a74fef6960a4cbee.jpeg

Thanks for all that information. I think I've now come to the conclusion that it will be a waste of time and money to try to paint the wheel scratches etc. I'll probably wait until it's time to change the car and then have the wheels refurbished - thanks again. 

• Like 1

Here is the basecoat paint (837398K) that will give a decent match for the Rado grey shade that Ronal painted the wheels they supplied for the Fiesta ST. To my knowledge the bright silver shade that was the standard color for ST wheels are the same as the basic Fiesta wheel color.20180721_111839.thumb.jpg.581811d781c154fa7c21b581e9141edb.jpg

20180721_111618.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club