Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P1622-immobilizer ID does not match

Davelws

Hello everybody,

I have a 2009 ford focus 2.0 136bhp with the above code.

Was running fine until I changed fuel filter and I've not been able to start it since. I've just replaced the ECU, bcm, instrument cluster, transponder, ignition barrel and keys (all from the same doner car) and I still get the same codes. There are a couple of other codes below that it's also showing. The egr code was already there before I had any issues

P0113 - IAT sensor circuit high input

P0406 - EGR sensor A circuit high

U261B - Improper program termination (this code is from the EPS

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Did you change the ABS brake unit ?

• Thanks 1

No Ive not done anything with the abs unit, I didn't think it was a part of the PATS system? 

Much appreciated, I have tried reprogramming the keys (successfully) didn't fix the problem, also initialised the pats system successfully and still no change. Going to get a look at the abs unit just now and check the wiring, did read somewhere that some wires get corroded

Had a look around the abs and cleaned all the earth, still same code. Funny thing is I get the same codes on both sets ECU, IC etc so it must be a wiring issue? When I put the ignition on the immobilizer light goes out as it should, it only starts flashing when the car is turning over

I suspect that you have a mismatch of various components between original parts and replacement parts.

Since it's not possible for you to be able to reprogramme the ABS unit the only way the PATS system is going to accept the system is correct, is with all of the original parts and with the original keys programmed in.

In the original post you say the vehicle was running fine until you changed the fuel filter. If that was the case then put everything back as it was. Reprogramme  the keys back in and then address the problem with the fuel system.

• Thanks 1

I've put all the original ECU stuff back on now still with the same code. Ive not put the old filter back on though so il gave that a go. It was running fine before changing the fuel filter, only reason I changed the filter was because it hadn't been done in a while. Appreciating the help though 👍

• Like 1

No reason to refit the old filter that should not be the cause of the issues you now have.

I think you must have an air leak in the fuel system or the system requires priming.

I'll tag @TomsFocus in he will have a much better idea about the fuel system than me.

• Thanks 1

Would that cause the p1622 immobilizer ID does not match error? Assuming that's what's causing the no start, I would need to fix that code before it would be allowed to let the fuel through? 

57 minutes ago, Davelws said:

Would that cause the p1622 immobilizer ID does not match error?

No the fuel thing is a separate problem, or I would expect it is.

What device are you using to read the DTC's ?

• Thanks 1

I'm using FORScan with a elm327, I also have a snooper+ with Delphi software but Ive just used FORScan on this car 

• Like 1

OK, just for fun, well actually for a serious real test try and start the car and give the dashboard a bl00dy good thump with your hand just above the instrument cluster. Does anything charge ????

• Thanks 1

These don't use a lift pump, if you didn't manually prime the fuel system after the filter change, it'll be a right pain to start.  However, that shouldn't directly affect the immobiliser, so it seems like more than one issue here.  Also, do NOT refit the original filter as you'll risk putting debris into the fuel system which will cause even bigger issues.

Can I just check that it's a conventional key barrel ignition, not push button start?  Had a similar issue myself with keyless entry recently.  Turned out the key fob battery died immediately after starting the engine and attempting to lock the doors with it.  (12v battery had been flat so just one door opened manually).  Thought I had to chase an immob fault for a while as it seemed such an odd coincidence but it's all working fine with new batteries!

• Thanks 1

I've tried hitting the top and no change. It is the conventional key barrel ignition and I've put new batteries in the keys yesterday still no difference. I've tried reprogramming the keys on both ECU setups and still the came code 🤦‍♂️ the filter is a pig to pull fuel through, but I did manage to get the fuel  through by using a vaccine pump on the return pipe

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Davelws said:

I've tried hitting the top and no change. It is the conventional key barrel ignition and I've put new batteries in the keys yesterday still no difference. I've tried reprogramming the keys on both ECU setups and still the came code 🤦‍♂️ the filter is a pig to pull fuel through, but I did manage to get the fuel  through by using a vaccine pump on the return pipe

Ok, it looks like the filter change is just coincidence then.  Although it does make me wonder whether some wiring had been knocked (I can't think of any specifically) or whether the 12v battery may have dropped low in charge while you were working on the car.  That can cause some odd immob issues.

• Thanks 1

It could be the battery but I have been swapping out 3 different batteries recently with Trying to start it the battery doesn't last long. Underneath the filter housing is the alternator, I've check the wiring to that and it looks all good, it's a brand new alternator that was put on 2-3 month ago. When I put in a fresh battery, forscan say it's 12.3v, I clear the codes the the p1622 code stays off until I start turning it over, then when a scan for codes again it reappears, maybe it's because it's dropping voltage when trying to start the car?

7 minutes ago, Davelws said:

It could be the battery but I have been swapping out 3 different batteries recently with Trying to start it the battery doesn't last long. Underneath the filter housing is the alternator, I've check the wiring to that and it looks all good, it's a brand new alternator that was put on 2-3 month ago. When I put in a fresh battery, forscan say it's 12.3v, I clear the codes the the p1622 code stays off until I start turning it over, then when a scan for codes again it reappears, maybe it's because it's dropping voltage when trying to start the car?

Sounds like that's definitely something else to try and rule out if possible.  Do you have another car you could run jump leads from?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Davelws said:

forscan say it's 12.3v,

12.3V is not that good to be honest. That is likely to drop below 8.0V while cranking the engine which could be low enough to cause the immobiliser trip and lock out the start up.

SOC.JPG

• Thanks 1

Yep I'm running my van just now so I can use that to try jump in when I get home from work, and il report back 👍

Looking on the web p1622 seems to relate to PATs communication between the IP and PCM . Presumably using one of the can bus networks. Having changed so much over from the doner vehicle I personally wouldn’t know where to start.

• Thanks 1

I've reverted back the the old ECU/IC/key/ignition barrel/BCM now, but it does make sense that if the PATs isn't getting enough voltage because of the battery then it will struggle to communicate and throw up a code. I will try and jump start it with a full battery and see if it clears

• Like 1

Have read of a case where the ignition switch contacts had failed but I wouldn’t think it would give those codes. 

• Thanks 1

Ok, so I've put a full battery on the car and hooked up the jump leads. Cleared the codes and turned it over, now the p1622 has stayed off 😁 turned it over multiple time and it did not return. Car didn't start but that's more than likely air in the fuel system but at least the car is not immobilized now. Absolutely delighted, thanks to everyone that helped. So the issue was the battery not supplying enough voltage 🤦‍♂️ and I have a feeling the alternator might be goosed of I spilled any diesel in it when changing the alternator. now to bleed that fuel system. Any tricks to get it bleed? I've spent hours trying and it's obviously not pulled through. Anyone know of a pneumatic vacuum pump without spending a fortune

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Davelws said:

now to bleed that fuel system. Any tricks to get it bleed? I've spent hours trying and it's obviously not pulled through. Anyone know of a pneumatic vacuum pump without spending a fortune

Toms the guy who will know whats the best way to bleed the system.

@TomsFocus

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club