Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P1622-immobilizer ID does not match

Davelws

Good to hear one problem is sorted!

For bleeding, I've always used a manual hand primer such as this one - just make sure it's fitted the right way round so the one-way valve operates correctly.

Solarhome Hand Primer Pump 130506300 for Perkins Engine 402D-05 403D-07  403D-11 403D-15

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2023 at 9:11 AM, TomsFocus said:

Good to hear one problem is sorted!

For bleeding, I've always used a manual hand primer such as this one - just make sure it's fitted the right way round so the one-way valve operates correctly.

Solarhome Hand Primer Pump 130506300 for Perkins Engine 402D-05 403D-07  403D-11 403D-15

I'm still struggling to start the car, deffo a fuel issue. Looks like nothing is coming up from the fuel tank. Do you know if the pump in the tank sends the fuel up to the pump on the engine or doesn't the engine pump pull the fuel up? Forscan also says "SEC_ACCES denied" and "FUEL_STRT no" on the data

5 minutes ago, Davelws said:

I'm still struggling to start the car, deffo a fuel issue. Looks like nothing is coming up from the fuel tank. Do you know if the pump in the tank sends the fuel up to the pump on the engine or doesn't the engine pump pull the fuel up? Forscan also says "SEC_ACCES denied" and "FUEL_STRT no" on the data

The high pressure pump (on engine) sucks fuel in, but it can't suck air efficiently which is why we need to prime it with the hand pump first.  Fuel won't be forced 'up' from the tank on these.

I'm not sure where that data is from?  'Sec access denied' sounds like the immobilizer is still stuck on. 

Are there any DTC codes on Forscan now?

Is the hand pump full of fuel (firm to squeeze)?

• Thanks 1

No codes on any of the modules now, all clear. The hand pump is very firm now, cranked it so may times and still doesn't start. I've opened the injector pipes and fuel comes out. I've even changed the high pressure pump, had a spare laying around. I've attached a photo of the data

PXL_20230401_181915845~2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Have you replaced the fuel pump ?

If I remember correctly on diesel models the fuel pump was coded in to the PATS system. What I can't remember is what years that applied to.

• Thanks 1

I have replaced the high pressure pump, just because I had one laying about just to eliminate a faulty pump, although the same data was showing on both pumps. I can always change the pump back over. It turns over perfectly, just will not fire 🤷

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Davelws said:

I have replaced the high pressure pump,

I think you may very well find that is the cause of the SEC_ACCES denied. Put the old pump back if it works, remember to bleed all the air out the system again !!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Davelws said:

No codes on any of the modules now, all clear. The hand pump is very firm now, cranked it so may times and still doesn't start. I've opened the injector pipes and fuel comes out. 

Thanks.  Fairly sure it's not a 'physical' fuel issue in that case.

I don't think the HP pump is coded on these.  Though if you do want to test the old pump, just swap the electric plugs from the new one to the old one and switch the ignition on.  The PCM won't know whether it's in the fuel system or not.

Something is definitely stopping the immobiliser from disarming though.  Trouble is, you've changed so many PATS parts it's difficult to suggest which one might be causing the issue now.

• Thanks 1

Finally got her running, it was an airlock in the fuel system, even though it looked like there was no air in it. I used a high pressure vacuum and bubbled just keep coming, after about an hour she's running. Massive thanks for the help 😁

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Davelws said:

a high pressure vacuum

Interesting concept :laugh:

• Haha 1