Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can you hide a BluTooth connection on Android?

StephenFord

I frequently transfer photos from my android to my laptop, when I hit the 'share' option, I usually just get my 'laptop' as the option to select. However, last week my neighbour got a new iMac tablet. Now, everytime I want to transfer a file from my phone, it offers me the option as well of their tablet. Of course, it will never work as the items are not paired, but nonetheless, it's still irritating to see their tablet come up. Is there a way to hide it? As the items aren't paired, I cannot delete it, and long pressing it offers no further options...

There isn't a way to do that from your side of the fence, so to speak. Your neighbor can hide their device and make it not discoverable to anyone.

What you can try, and I've had this work before when trying to blank out WiFi networks in hotels is:

Try and pair up with your neighbors iMac. When you get asked for the password just put anything in that is an acceptable type of guess, of course it will be wrong. Your laptop will try to connect and after about a minute it will give up. At that point you should be given the option to forget the network/device.

I'm not sure if that will permanently make it vanish but you can give it a try. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, unofix said:

Try and pair up with your neighbors iMac. When you get asked for the password just put anything in that is an acceptable type of guess, of course it will be wrong. Your laptop will try to connect and after about a minute it will give up. At that point you should be given the option to forget the network/device.

You're a true font of all knowledge! I should have thought of that myself, but didn't LOL Will try that next time it appears - thank you...

• Like 1

I've got an empty old bank account I no longer use.  Can't be closed without going into branch.  (Tried writing a couple of times but been ignored, as is often the case, sadly).

Saw a button to 'hide account' in the app.  Great, I thought.  But now there's a message every time I open the app saying 'You have hidden 1 account'.  Equally irritating... :laugh:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've got an empty old bank account I no longer use.  Can't be closed without going into branch. 

Tom, I have the same, an old bank account, I still have £1 in it, but, I get great pleasure every quarter refusing to go 'paperless', so every month they post me out a statement. That was over 10 years ago. I haven't bothered working out how much I have cost them in paper and post, but it does give me much pleasure! 

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've got an empty old bank account I no longer use.  Can't be closed without going into branch.  (Tried writing a couple of times but been ignored, as is often the case, sadly).

Saw a button to 'hide account' in the app.  Great, I thought.  But now there's a message every time I open the app saying 'You have hidden 1 account'.  Equally irritating... :laugh:

Link it to that infamous Nigerian general/prince, it may magically fill up.

• Haha 1

Well, the errant iMac appeared, and when I tapped on it, it offered me a preloaded 6 digit number, asking, 'do I want to pair'? I declined, as I'm pretty sure if I said yes, it would appear on their screen that I was trying to hack in to their tablet LOL I'm guessing I'll just have to live with it. I thought BluTooth was just a couple of meter range. I reckon the signal is reaching well over 10 meters through 2 x houses! 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

it offered me a preloaded 6 digit number,

Well I've never known that to happen, but then again I avoid Mac products like a Covid  virus 🤣

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2023 at 5:56 PM, StephenFord said:

I frequently transfer photos from my android to my laptop, when I hit the 'share' option, I usually just get my 'laptop' as the option to select. However, last week my neighbour got a new iMac tablet. Now, everytime I want to transfer a file from my phone, it offers me the option as well of their tablet. Of course, it will never work as the items are not paired, but nonetheless, it's still irritating to see their tablet come up. Is there a way to hide it? As the items aren't paired, I cannot delete it, and long pressing it offers no further options...

One of our daughters has temporarily moved back in whilst waiting for house move to finally happen 🙄 When she first moved back in about 6 weeks ago she was trying to play her playlist via our soundbar and couldn't get it to work (needs a password) but she could vaguely hear the beat ov the music.......so she thought, even turning her phone volume up to full and wondering why it wasnt right............she had connected to the next doors soundbar instead and they were in at the time 🤣🤣 just what you want @ 9am lol.

Apologies @StephenFord not much help in your quest 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

the old woman next door to my daugter left her soundbar unlocked. My daughter loved playing her thumpy thump through it as they didnt get on

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I thought BluTooth was just a couple of meter range. I reckon the signal is reaching well over 10 meters through 2 x houses! 

bluetooth range is quite far.  It was the old infra-red transfer that had to be basically touching.  Wonder why that never caught on... :biggrin: 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club