Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Is My New Car Not A Fezza, Wanted A Change From Ford

poshpawsfiesta

so this is my new clio 2004 (54) 1.2 16v 75 bhp dynamique, ive finally got fed up with driving mum and dads cars so decided it was about time to buy my self a car, it has some points where i (personally) think its better thn the mk7 fezza , one is the seats are way more comfatable and hold you just aswell, another is the ride its makes a better job of soaking up our broken pot holed roads thn the fezza does, it has a handy little feture that tells you how many lires of fuel u have used wich i think is a brilliant feture of the car, it has a full leather steering wheel not half leather half plastic and lastly the a/c is much more affective in hot weather, it also has nicer interior door handles .

it also has some things that i think can rival the fezza like refinement, we all think its just as quite as a mk7 fezza at 70 mph, also the engine is quiter and sounds less course than mums 1.25 80 bhp, its has the same amount of sqeaks and rattles as our mk7s and its done 50,000 miles , i think it has the same amount of rear legroom and boot space as our fezzers and in most places except from the dash top it either has slightly better build quality or the same.

it also has areas where its not as good as a feeza like handeling, it tends to lean alot more in the bends , the gear box is nasty compared to the feezas one, clutch is quite heavy the same with the steering , no bluetooth , its like sky+ once u have it you simply cant live with out it , the stereo even thou it has six Speakers the sound quality is ok at best.

this is my hounest and personall opinion no offence intended :)

Delilah9.jpg

Delilah8.jpg

Delilah4.jpg

Delilah3.jpg

Delilah5.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• poshpawsfiesta

• aph1101

• bigdaz86

• lisanjake

by the way her name is 'delilah' lol , not in bad nick for her age i think :) please comment :)

by the way her name is 'delilah' lol , not in bad nick for her age i think :) please comment :)

nice condition had one and found them to be unreliable and not that inspiring to drive but we all have different tastes its ion decent condition hope you have better luck than me and any one ive ever known with a renault interiors are usually good on them as they spoend more time in the garage than being driven

On 3-door models, clips holding electric front windows in place can pop out, the window winds up outside the doorframe and the regulator cables can stretch. Costs £200 - £300 to fix, but some dealers will fight for a 50% contribution from Renault even for cars up to 4 years old.

1.2 16vs seem to be suffering a lot of timing belt failures at mileages as low as 36,000. Best to change the belts at 5 years or 40k miles max. On 1,149cc D4F 16v and D7F 8v engines it is essential to change the timing belt, tensioners and the water pump every 3 years or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first). Early timing belt failures not unknown on RenaultSport Clio 172s, so best to change belt, tensioner and all pulleys at 4 years of 40k miles whichever comes first. Same goes for 1.4 16v engines on which the waterpump is driven by the timing belt.

Expect kerbing damage, easily spotted by damaged protruding plastic wheeltrims.

Continued high incidence of automatic transmission failures.

Manual transmissions prone to wearing their top casing that can necessitate a rebuild after 3 - 4 years and around 18k miles.

Automatic ATF cooler sits in engine radiator and can fracture, allowing coolant into transmission that wrecks it.

Jacking points can weaken at the front, and shape of jack head can punch a dent in the adjacent sill.

Unlike earlier Clio and Clio based Kangoo, this mode has a rear hinged bonnet. Make sure bonnet catch is adequately greased or it may not catch properly. The plastic secondary catch on these bonnets can fail so if the primary catch pops open air pressure can fling the bonnet back over the windscreen of the car leaving the driver driving 'blind'. This has had frequent exposure on BBC Watchdog.

Previous model problem of airbags being accidentally triggered can re-occur with this model of Clio.

Not unknown for older cars to fail MoTs on corroded rear brake pipes and main suspension arm bushes. The bushes can be extracted and replaced using a special tool.

lol seems like u dont have much faith in renault lol , it seemes to be running ok atm, i did research the model before i brought it and what car says the most common faults are electrical , but i think most modern cars are just reliable as the next make or model , my cousin has a 2006 focus and has nothing but problems with its from eliterical to micanical to interior, but our focus never missed a beat , appently mk 6 fiestas are supposed to leak from the pollen filter but weve had 3 and have never had this problem , so ill just hope for the best :0)

Two words for ya - Big mistake. Enjoy calling out the AA :ph34r:

lol well at least i can use it for an excuse to be late for work lol :):)

:lol:

I personally am not a fan, but if that's what floats your boat, then good stuff :)

:lol:

I personally am not a fan, but if that's what floats your boat, then good stuff :)

its ok everybody has an opinion but i am only 19 and most my m8tes of a simular age are driving old m n r reg cars like old corsas and puntos and fiestas , compared to there cars my car rather posh lol i dont think its a bad 1st car , do u ?

I quite like the Clio's. That car isn't in bad nick at all for it's age (saying that it is only 6 years old...)

My mum has the Clio Sport 182 and that is a very nice car to drive - but ridiculously quick. It is about 6 seconds to 60 lol.

Anyway, glad you got a car you like mate B)

its ok everybody has an opinion but i am only 19 and most my m8tes of a simular age are driving old m n r reg cars like old corsas and puntos and fiestas , compared to there cars my car rather posh lol i dont think its a bad 1st car , do u ?

Absolutely great first car. I'm only 17 myself! I wasn't trying to knock you for it, by any means. If you like your car, then that is all that matters :D Was only saying that I'm not the biggest fan of the clio, that's all B)

Delete this thread please? :D

JOKES.. i LOVE the green mk 7 fez in the background of the pic

nice looking car mate :)

having owned one of these myself and looked after 6 of them at one point i think they are good value for the money, the can be a right PITA but still a fun little car. they do have little annoying problems that come up but hey what car doesnt.

is it against the rules to recommend another forum? if it is im sure someone will remove but..

if i can recommend anything its the renault forum,

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/

im a moderator on that forum and know most of the 'main' guys well, they are a brilliant bunch and will try to help with any problems where they can. even though i dont have a renault anymore they still cant help me enough if im ever looking for help. you will soon learn about what to look out for and what to keep an eye on over there.

like a hawk spotting that want you!!!

my mates got roughly the same clio but in silver and he got sick of it and desperate too sell it... he had nothing but trouble, had it a year and 8 months its been off the road down to no reason of his own... and your a brave man to be comparing a old clio to a new fiesta :| think the fez does toilet all over the clio and 99.9% of people might agree.... havin said that dont like the clios wouldn't touch one interior is shoddy, looks aint striking in anyway and the steering as you touched on aint a thing boast on... but if you like it then good on ya for gettin it...

I quite like the Clio's. That car isn't in bad nick at all for it's age (saying that it is only 6 years old...)

My mum has the Clio Sport 182 and that is a very nice car to drive - but ridiculously quick. It is about 6 seconds to 60 lol.

Anyway, glad you got a car you like mate B)

thaks mate probally the first positive comment lol , but i knew i would id be fighting a loosing battle posting a renault on a ford foram but least it something diff to look at , always admires me how dedicated people are to there cars ford are lucky to have dedicated owners like u lot that will stick up for there cars for life and limb :):)

Absolutely great first car. I'm only 17 myself! I wasn't trying to knock you for it, by any means. If you like your car, then that is all that matters :D Was only saying that I'm not the biggest fan of the clio, that's all B)

if ur 17 how much is your insurance or is it ur mum and dads car ? my insurnace for dad mk7 1.4 tdci zetec was 1600 quid , for my clio its 1500 but on my own , i think its !Removed! riduculas !!!

lol i knew it would be a dedicated squeeze fan who noticed that first lol , i posted tht 1 delibriatly :)

I'm not sure what to think about these cars, a few f my friends have got them and i've only been in it a handful of times, but i know that i wouldn't yearn for one.

I do like the exterior aesthetics of the car, always have done, it's the inside i'm not a fan of.

Nice colour though!

This shouldn't be in the Fiesta section as it is mainly about a Renault. It should be moved to the General Chat section.

i had a w reg clio as my first car it was a 1.4 and was really quick i thot tho the gear box practicly fell off after a few months lol then when the guy from renault came to pick it up n take it to the garage he managed to let the door fall off???? :unsure: the stereo was good in that. good luck with it.

nice looking car mate :)

having owned one of these myself and looked after 6 of them at one point i think they are good value for the money, the can be a right PITA but still a fun little car. they do have little annoying problems that come up but hey what car doesnt.

is it against the rules to recommend another forum? if it is im sure someone will remove but..

if i can recommend anything its the renault forum,

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/

im a moderator on that forum and know most of the 'main' guys well, they are a brilliant bunch and will try to help with any problems where they can. even though i dont have a renault anymore they still cant help me enough if im ever looking for help. you will soon learn about what to look out for and what to keep an eye on over there.

kool thanks i need to ask a question about the sunroof as is seems to squeek when i go over bumps i think its a well know urrrmm ''feature'' lets say of the car lol :P

like a hawk spotting that want you!!!

my mates got roughly the same clio but in silver and he got sick of it and desperate too sell it... he had nothing but trouble, had it a year and 8 months its been off the road down to no reason of his own... and your a brave man to be comparing a old clio to a new fiesta :| think the fez does toilet all over the clio and 99.9% of people might agree.... havin said that dont like the clios wouldn't touch one interior is shoddy, looks aint striking in anyway and the steering as you touched on aint a thing boast on... but if you like it then good on ya for gettin it...

lol tbh alot of people i now hate ford just as much as u lot hate renault its just one of them things, i am always sticken up for our fezzas wen people say bad things about them my step dads absoultly hates my mums green fezza but he has a 55 plate corsa lol but what i sed about things tht are better the same and worse thn the fezza are true and all my family and friends tht have spent a long time in our fezza thn have come in my clio have all sed the same things , the 1st thing that always get sed it ooo the seats are well nice, but like i sed ive driven both cars and im just doing a direct comparison between the two i cant say fairer than that :).. (((and the steering as you touched on aint a thing boast on))) i sed the steering is worse thn the fezzas , i dont get ya :s

i had a w reg clio as my first car it was a 1.4 and was really quick i thot tho the gear box practicly fell off after a few months lol then when the guy from renault came to pick it up n take it to the garage he managed to let the door fall off???? :unsure: the stereo was good in that. good luck with it.

lol the door feel of lol well thanks for that ill keep checkin there still on in the morning lol

i was ragin when it happened i nearly went out n clocked him one! i was already goin mad because of the gearbox then the clown did that almost sent me over the edge! eventually i put it thru a brick wall so it made no difference anyway lol :lol:

hahaha exactly the same as my old clio =D broke LOADS thts why i got a fiesta lol, but beautiful little car!! :) x

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club