Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Spacer question Please

AUDIdoTHAT

Hi,

I have a 2013 MK3 focus zetec s, Im about to change the stock 18inch wheels to a 19 inch st wheel with the same ET etc

My question is, I was going to fit 15mm spacers to fill the arch a bit better,  The studs are connected to the wheel hub.

Is there enough length on the standard hub to allow for a 15mm spacer and the nut afterwards once the wheel is on ?

Thanks for any replies. Spacer picture below

Product photo of wheel spacers  4x108 / 5x108.   15mm

37 minutes ago, AUDIdoTHAT said:

Is there enough length on the standard hub to allow for a 15mm spacer and the nut afterwards

Short answer 'No'

You need to replace the studs with longer ones.

19 minutes ago, unofix said:

Short answer 'No'

You need to replace the studs with longer ones.

Ok thanks for the reply, I wont be doing that then,  I spose the only route without doing that is Bolt on spacers right , that give me new studs ? I wonder if they come in 15mm... hmm

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 11:35 PM, unofix said:

Hi mate, You sent me the link to the right spacers, is the link below the same thing,  bolt on etc and what we were talking about ? 

If so... i could save £60 with the 2nd link if their ok

https://tankedwheelspacers.co.uk/products/ford-focus-wheel-spacers-hub-centric-63-4-centre-15mm-5-108-x-2

1) do they look ok to you ?  They are slightly cheaper price but says it has the better bolts etc

2) When people say you might need cut outs in the backs of my wheels to take the bolts from the spacer, does it look like i have those cut outs,  this is the wheels inside atm,  do i have the cut outs, or dont i need them ?

inside.thumb.jpg.b9269d921466ff3ae9643ec69ee6251e.jpg 

appreciate the help and advice as always,

Just wanted to be sure about the hole cut  outs,  if i needed to have them or not with this spacer as i havnt got a clue lol

Those other spacers look fine. Works out you save £55

Yes your wheel has the recesses for the extra studs.

16 minutes ago, unofix said:

Great, appreciated. £55 is £55 i spose if they are still ok lol,   cheers mate, Thats £55 towards some go faster stripes lol

• Haha 1

Is anybody running 20mm back and 15 from on a 8J wheel on here that you know of ?

I look at the wheels and think is 15 enough,. they look fairly tucked under, i know we said 15 for both front and back before. i just dont know lol

If you go beyond 15mm then there is a good chance it will be noticed and checked when the car is MOT'd . The wheels have to remain inside of the wheel arch in order to comply with vehicle safety specifications.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 11:03 PM, unofix said:

Hi mate.  Went to fit those spacers today,   once i do the nuts up that bolt the spacers to the hub. Theres to much original thread poking through, and it stops me putting the wheel on by about 6 mm ish.

My question is....   Do you or anyone know for sure that if i cut 6 or 7mm off the original threads,  to make the wheel fit, do you think this will still leave enough thread to put the wheels on WITHOUT spacers in the future ?

Not that i plan to take them off but you never know lol

It did say on the site that sold the spacers that you may have to cut the original studs.

If you reduce the length of the original studs then you will have to replace them with full length new ones in the future if you remove the spacers. They are only a press fit in to the hubs so not that difficult to remove.

6 minutes ago, unofix said:

It did say on the site that sold the spacers that you may have to cut the original studs.

If you reduce the length of the original studs then you will have to replace them with full length new ones in the future if you remove the spacers. They are only a press fit in to the hubs so not that difficult to remove.

ok mate cheers....   Why is nothing ever easy  😆

• Haha 1

i still got to trim the studs off by about 2mm but half got the back wheel done earlier.

Without......

image.thumb.jpeg.5252b0a9252259716ae9e1637b4d50fd.jpeg

With......

image.thumb.jpeg.1147c967481739e7abafe80fa8a9295f.jpeg

with...... 

image.thumb.jpeg.1b3d3bcebd9f6d5daf2cee937ca0c806.jpeg

Will cut the rest tomorrow hopefully and see how it looks and feels.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club