Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost - Throttle Hesitation

Shimster IOM
聽Share

Hi All

I've got a 2018 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost with 50k on the clock. Recently it's developed an annoying problem with the throttle in that when accelerating up through the gears the throttle seems to hesitate, lose all power and then immediately go back to normal operation. It only happens while changing up through the gears and doesn't seem to happen when I berry the peddle without changing gear. I'm hoping this resonates with someone who's suffered a similar problem as I really don't want throw parts and labour at trying to figure out what the issue is. I've previously owned Land Rovers and know how easy it is to chase an issue without actually fixing it 馃槈

Can anyone suggest what a possible cause of this problem is?

Thanks

Shim

When was it serviced last?

Have the spark plugs been changed?

Last June was the last time it had a service but I'm not sure whether the plugs were replaced or not. It was performed by the dealer that I purchased the car from, so probably not 馃
It's due for a service soon (at a Ford dealer this time) so I'll certainly make sure they're replaced then.聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club