Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which battery?

Mickeyluv

I still have the original Ford battery in my car and it now needs replacing. The registration lookup on every site gives the height as 175mm, but on this car it's 190mm and the recommended batteries won't fit. The original battery is marked "Ford 2033186  H1BT-10655-EA". I contacted Tayna and their reply is "Unfortunately we don't have it in our inventory and we don't have the information." Which is ironic, since they recommend at least 5 incorrect batteries from the registration. It's also not clear whether the car uses an AGM or EFB battery.

Can anyone tell me what the replacement battery should be? I don't want to go down the Ford route because they're well over £200.

what does the manual or Haynes say. Speak to your local Ford dealership, no need to buy from them you just need the info.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

what does the manual or Haynes say. Speak to your local Ford dealership, no need to buy from them you just need the info.

seconded

25 minutes ago, Mickeyluv said:

I still have the original Ford battery in my car and it now needs replacing. The registration lookup on every site gives the height as 175mm, but on this car it's 190mm and the recommended batteries won't fit. The original battery is marked "Ford 2033186  H1BT-10655-EA". I contacted Tayna and their reply is "Unfortunately we don't have it in our inventory and we don't have the information." Which is ironic, since they recommend at least 5 incorrect batteries from the registration. It's also not clear whether the car uses an AGM or EFB battery.

Can anyone tell me what the replacement battery should be? I don't want to go down the Ford route because they're well over £200.

Tayna also gave me the incorrect info - their database doesn't seem to be all that good tbh.  (Also had a lot of hassle returning the wrong battery, as on top of the return postage charge, there is no way to have it collected, it's too heavy for the post office, so you have to take it to a parcelforce depo).

Anyway, your current battery will say whether it's AGM or EFB.  I'd also advise actually measuring it out of the box, my measuring failure was due to the odd shape of the box, making a 175mm appear to be around 190mm.

I'd be fairly sure your battery is actually 175mm tall and 100 fitment.  Not sure if it'll be AGM or EFB.

It looks like from a quick search it is an EFB 100.

But I'd still check dimensions and even the Ford battery should say EFB on it. Can you take a picture of the label?

49 minutes ago, Mickeyluv said:

The original battery is marked "Ford 2033186  H1BT-10655-EA"

Ford Battery.JPG

• Like 3

I took the battery off the car and can see the label more clearly - it's marked EFB. I don't understand why all the cross references show the height as 175mm when it's closer to 190mm. A 175mm battery would not fit at all without packing it from underneath - a lower height would not enable the fuse box with its integral +ve battery clamp to fit, neither would the top clamp operate.

Label.jpg

Battery Height.jpg

• Thanks 1

Well, I stand corrected, that is definitely 190mm tall.

What are the length & width dimensions?

275mm long, 175mm wide. Looks like an 096 is closest.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mickeyluv said:

275mm long, 175mm wide. Looks like an 096 is closest.

Yeah.  Plenty of 096 about at half the Ford price, with better specs than 60/600 as well.

Just double check when buying as some list 096 & 100 as being the same.

I replaced one of these with an 096 in my Focus. The 096 is definitely a bit taller but only 5-10mm, the clamp still secured it. These Ford batteries are a weird size, like 180-185mm tall. 

• Like 1

I would have thought that the battery is 175mm I was taught to measure to the shoulder not the very top.

18 hours ago, billyboy said:

I would have thought that the battery is 175mm I was taught to measure to the shoulder not the very top.

not all measure the same way. if you were to be measured are you 5' 10" or 4' 8" 😇

• Haha 1

I recall measuring to the shoulder was the convention with older projecting terminal batteries. When flat-top recessed terminal types became the norm they changed to overall height. I looked at Exide and Bosch drawings and they measure overall height. With this battery the shoulder height is 167mm, which doesn't match anything.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, billyboy said:

That may have been the conventional way to measure but it isn't the standard now.  The distance between the base of the battery box and the underside of the clamp on mine is 175mm and that is the height of the battery I needed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club