Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New wipers juddering

ebonybeaut96

I recently installed some Bosch aero twin wipers myself. However they judder when coming back up when the windscreen is wet . Is this due to an error I’ve made? I’m not sure what to do at all 

Have the same problem took Bosch wipers back for replacement the same problem carried on very annoying 

3 hours ago, LostNTransit said:

The new blades need a break in period. A good hard rain should wear the blades correctly to the windshield. Plus one thing that hinders the blades is if you've clean the windshield with a cleaner or wax based product. this can cause the shuttering also. The only thing left is that the blades are not tensioned enough, but they are made from the factory and there's nothing that can be done about this. Just a good break in period is needed. One other thing, did the blades come with a protect shield over the blade which needs to be removed. Lastly, if the windshield has chips or cracks, this will also hinder the blade.

Oh ok then ill see if they break in eventually then, and there was no shield on the wipers 

37 minutes ago, rossmcm said:

Have the same problem took Bosch wipers back for replacement the same problem carried on very annoying 

Very annoying I have to turn music up loud just to not hear the sound of the wipers 

Can't guarantee that they will be silent, but genuine Ford ones are around the same price in my experience - worth checking , so you could try those next time.

1 minute ago, Doylie said:

Have you given the screen a proper clean with something like this? 

Or you can use the 'Old Wife's' cleaning method of crumpled up newspaper and a good soaking of vinegar. It cleans the glass and stops the wipers juddering and makes the car smell like a chip shop 🤣

• Like 1

Aerotwin quality declined a few years ago.  They were decent around 2010, but not any more.  Either put up with it or buy some better quality blades. 

Genuine OEM blades can often be found on eBay for a good price.  Bought my last set for a fiver including postage (seller sold the car before fitting the blades) but I wouldn't suggest that's a common occurrence!

I had this problem and it was caused by having my car washed by a local firm who put wax in the wash water.   After I cleaned the wax of the windscreen the wipers were fine.

I have PIAA wipers on all my cars.  Sometimes in life you do get what you pay for.  And they last for years and years, and so are actually cheaper over time than the rubber tat.

YMMV

Still the same OEM wipers on our 2016 fiesta. To be fair they don't clear a good as they used to. 

images (11).jpeg

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Still the same OEM wipers on our 2016 fiesta. To be fair they don't clear a good as they used to. 

images (11).jpeg

Damn bird feeding neighbours!

• Haha 2

I had the opposite of OEM vs Bosch. My Ford blades squeaked from the factory. New Bosch blades sorted it and they’ve been on there for 3 years now.

But jokes apart, partner's fiesta is still on the original blades front and rear. 78k miles, 7 years old. 

• Like 1

Fitted Bosch blades to our car about 6 years ago now, never ever juddered and super smooth wipes..... 'but' on freezing cold days they are very noisy and clunk on the upstroke - slunk on the downstroke..... 

This might seem crazy but I read somewhere that the best front screen cleaner is to make your own. Take a couple of dishwasher tablets, crush them so the bits are as small as possible, add water to make a thin paste and scrub the screen with the paste on a clean cloth. Leave for a few minutes and wash off with lots of water. This will even remove that dreadful RainX because various types of screen smearing can only be dissolved with an alkaline solution. If your new wipers are juddering then it's almost certainly something on the screen. Car washes often leave a waxy deposit on the screen that is very hard to remove. I've always used Bosch wipers and they work perfectly from out of the box

It's 2023. Use Autoglym Fast Glass on the wipers and windscreen.

• Haha 3

Autoglym is so 2010s!  AutoFinesse Caramics glass cleaner ftw. :wink: 

• Haha 1

If you bought them from eBay there are a lot of cheap fake ones about

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

If you bought them from Ebay there are a lot of cheap fake ones about

Not wrong pal! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club