Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Galaxy Mk3 2.0 TDCi P1168 and P1169 faults

WayneH100

Hi all, first time poster, having previously had a Zafira, before getting a Galaxy.

After a bit of help if possible - Our galaxy has developed P1168 and P1169 faults when under load/accelerating (Limp mode, Traction control light on).

Diagnosis done so far:-

Water found in fuel - replaced fuel filter, removed and flushed fuel tank, flushed fuel lines. Fresh fuel.

Added WYNNS diesel system cleaner and water remover

Replaced fuel pressure sensor.

Removed, stripped down and cleaned fuel pressure rail.

No metal debris/sign of pump failure found anywhere (checked and replaced fuel filter again after about 2 weeks, just to be sure)

Car runs fine in all other ways.

Car has been into Ford, however they cannot pin point the problem, advised to basically keep changing (expensive) parts until it works. They did mention that when the fault occurs, the fuel pressure does go extremely high momentarily.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Thanks for the reply - is that the one on the fuel pump? If so, no, not yet. Struggling to find a pn for just the solenoid/regulator.

26 minutes ago, WayneH100 said:

Thanks for the reply - is that the one on the fuel pump? If so, no, not yet. Struggling to find a pn for just the solenoid/regulator.

That's the one. 

It may not be available separately from Ford as they buy the pumps assembled.

Thanks, think I have managed to track down a P/N for the 'inlet metering valve' (which I think is basically the pressure controller and regulator, its 9109-936A.

Cant really see what else could be causing the fault - don't think it is actual pump failure, as there are no metal swarf bits, and the pressure is good.

Why are cars so ***** complicated nowadays lol.

• 2 months later...

Hi Wayne !

Hope you found the solution to this problem !

I have a 2011 2.0tdci S-MAX that has the same problem. Going into limp mode for some seconds when under load/acceleration with Engine and TC lights, with P1168 P1169 P0093 and P0094.

I think it is worth mentioning that mine is Stage 1, going from 163 to 192hp. I was first thinking about fuel pump but once had and injector leak... So from all I can see on forums I can't really know what is the real cause of this.

If you have any news please let me know !

Thank you so much.

Julien

• 1 month later...

Hi Julien, 

Sorry for not replying sooner, it turned out to be the high pressure fuel pump failing, and putting small bits of debris into the injectors. New fuel pump and 4 x injectors needed. Filter looked clean, however after putting a magnet to the bottom of the filter housing, it pulled up a lot of small metal particles.

Cheers, Wayne.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club