Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SSM51360

Deb H

Took my brand new 2022 Ford Edge Titanium to the dealership as the tailgate intermittently closes, while loading and unloading the vehicle.  

It is obviously a known fault as they have an SSM code for it, but their response is "this is normal operating characteristics and there is no repair or update necessary".

It is considered NORMAL for the tailgate to close while someone is standing there with their hands full of groceries, or loading and unloading luggage? 

It is considered NORMAL if God forbid a mom puts the baby seat down to grab something at the back of the trunk? 

It is not NORMAL nor SAFE operating.  I have been bonked on the head several times when the chimes start and my hands are full and I can't get out of the way fast enough.

This is my 3rd Edge, obviously I like the vehicle, but this needs to be repaired.  

• Sad 1

If your feet go under the rear bumper (fender) then this is a common occurrence as your feet activate the hands free tailgate open/closing! You just get used to a) not standing with your shins against the bumper and feet under the car, b) not standing in the centre of the car where the hands free sensor is located underneath!

This is not a problem that is exclusive to the Edge! and I suspect it won't be 'repaired' as it is like that by design!

2 hours ago, simonb65 said:

If your feet go under the rear bumper (fender) then this is a common occurrence as your feet activate the hands free tailgate open/closing! You just get used to a) not standing with your shins against the bumper and feet under the car, b) not standing in the centre of the car where the hands free sensor is located underneath!

This is not a problem that is exclusive to the Edge! and I suspect it won't be 'repaired' as it is like that by design!

Turn off the sensor with FORScan maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

If you place your keys in the boot once open it won't do it

Joined 5th April. Posted 5th April. Never returned.

Zero profile information. Is this yet another spam bot ?

Spam bot.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club