Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 EdgeTotal loss of power except radio

Lemonaide

2019 Ford Edge SEL AWD 2.0 battery had bad cell so changed with new battery (auto store changed and tried two new ones) but entire loss of all power.  The only thing that happens is the instrument panel will light up for 5 secs intermittently but have absolutely no power to car.  Dead start button, doors, nothing except radio willl play.  Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks Dave.  I should have given more information.  We have check all the fuses and are in the process of trying to determine if anything was accidently unplugged.  Will post later of results.  Have a friend who owns auto shop trying to help me diagnose car problem.   Everyone in the repair world says they have never seen anyting like this problem.  Scary to take to Ford Dealer but will be last resort.  Car has 23,000 miles on it but out of time warranty.

Thanks for considering my problem.   Havfe found no solution so it's off to a Ford Dealer.  Now I just need your prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hi All

Just a couple of thoughts hat sprung to mind

Does the edge have a fusible link direct from battery (as older fords used to have)?

And (whilst reading about another matter on www) found an article that said as below

"Replacement Ford battery Terminal

The original Ford F150, Lincoln MKX, Ford Edge battery Terminal is prone to corrosion and the only factory way to replace it is to buy a complete battery cable assembly for around $200. Since this part has such a high failure rate, Dorman Products has come up with just a replacement Ford battery terminal that allows you to reuse the existing battery cable. The dorman 926-882 replacement ford battery terminal costs less than $30"

The above was taken from " https://ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/rreplacement-ford-battery-terminal/ "

To me, this would make sense if you lived close to the sea (salty sea air causing early corrosion of terminals). I have found this to be a cause of a few electrical problems in my area.

As I said, just a couple of ideas. Your friend and yourself may well have already checked these out.

Happy motoring

Dave

Not sure if this helps but somebody had something similar sounding on an unrelated thread I posted......

--- --- ---

All fixed.  Took the AA man 2 hours.  So in the engine bay, under the main fuse box there is a plastic flap.  Lift that up and there are 6 main fuses.  A 50amp ignition fuse had blown.  But they are riveted in, so we had to drill it out and bolt a new fuse in.  All in everything working except the dash cam which I will have to start from scratch again tomorrow.  Not sure if I want to touch the fuse box again....!!!.

--- --- ---

Their username is 'aJm'. The above comment they made is on page 2. See the rest of their posts on it here...