Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine question Please

AUDIdoTHAT

2 minutes ago, AUDIdoTHAT said:

I knew the service history wasn't faked as its all main dealer

With receipts?  You can buy main dealer stamps for a few quid online.  Lots of fake 'main dealer' books out there now.

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

With receipts?  You can buy main dealer stamps for a few quid online.  Lots of fake 'main dealer' books out there now.

I dont have receipts no, and i guess your right, at the point of buying it maybe that could of been faked,

But since buying it i know mine is genuine as i have spoken to the dealership where it came from, and fords in general, about the services they have done, and not changed /upgraded the pipe like they were supposed to etc. and they have confirmed when the car was with them etc etc. So maybe i just got lucky it had genuine service stamps. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUDIdoTHAT said:

and not changed /upgraded the pipe like they were supposed to etc.

If you PM me the reg I'll check whether the pipe recall is still outstanding.  I'm 99% sure it won't be, but if it is, then you've still got some comeback with Ford for it.

When I asked on the other thread, you said you'd never had a recall letter - but I didn't realise you'd only owned it for a short time.  This recall started nearly a decade ago now.

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If you PM me the reg I'll check whether the pipe recall is still outstanding.  I'm 99% sure it won't be, but if it is, then you've still got some comeback with Ford for it.

When I asked on the other thread, you said you'd never had a recall letter - but I didn't realise you'd only owned it for a short time.  This recall started nearly a decade ago now.

this was the letter i was referring to, clearly says change it

image.thumb.png.1d7d56b9872c7905a1442bcd01f37885.png

• Thanks 1

Why are you running the engine with no coolant.  The degas hose has snapped and steam is coming out of it.  Fill it with water and bleed it and get a block testing kit and see if the head gasket has gone.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JONATHAN_11_80 said:

Why are you running the engine with no coolant.  The degas hose has snapped and steam is coming out of it.  Fill it with water and bleed it and get a block testing kit and see if the head gasket has gone.  

The video with the steam coming out of it and the snapped pipe is how it was delivered to me, that is immediately as it came off the back of the delivery lorry, I noticed the smoke, lifted the bonnet, and filmed it instantly before the driver left. 

I since fixed the pipe, refilled the coolant, But something wasn't right, It wouldnt start, and when trying to start it the coolant was vacuuming back up into the coolant bottle filthy dirty, Fords diagnosed it as having evidence of coolant in all 3 cylinders,

I have since drained all the coolant to let it dry out, flushed air through it to get all the coolant out,. and it now starts, But whatever issues it has for sure nobody knows at this point as to the severity of it. 

I just posted on here to get opinions and see what my options were.

As a small update to this, I just got off the phone with the FCRC, and after many emails from myself to the dealers where the car was diagnosed, The dealers was going to fix it, but needed authority from the FCRC, the email the dealers got back from FCRC was told the build/car is NOT covered.

I call the FCRC and they inform me cars are covered from early Jan 2013.

My engine was built ( Not in the car )  late December 2012 and a period of 2 weeks difference means my car is not covered, Had it been inside this 2 week period they would have sorted it.

What a complete cop out, The car has full ford service history and 51,000 miles. Its not an old banger with no service history and high mileage, Yet because its 14 days out of date going by their guidelines they are not prepared to help in anyway whatsoever.

complete joke imo, Even if you wasn't going to pay for all the repairs because its 14 days out of date, The least ford could do is make some sort of good will gesture imo to help towards it. seeing as this isn't an owner issue, its a fords faulty part issue. 

But no.... Nothing from fords at all. total waste of space.  and a cop out excuse of 14 days imo.

We have 2 other ford cars in our household, 

a 2015 focus ST

and a 2020 ecosport.

we wont be going back to fords next time for our cars i can tell you that much.

• Sad 3

Would you have been happy if Ford had offered to pay 50% of the cost of a new engine ?

I know a woman called Sarah who can probably get you that deal, but I'm not sure you would be satisfied with the discount.

How the Ford 50% contribution works:

On 6/23/2022 at 12:51 PM, Sarah46 said:

Well the offer is in. Ford have offered £2,247.00 towards the cost of a new engine ( which they quoted at £7,108.00 ). 

We rang to speak to our customer service rep - we have rejected the offer and asked for it to be reviewed and asked for a Manager to call us back as there is no breakdown as to how this figure is made up, and the rep knows absolutely nothing when you ask her a question. She just kept repeating that they look at servicing ( we have full Ford dealership services ) and warranty - the car is out of it's 3 years warranty, but is still well within the 60k mileage warranty. Can't speak to a Manager for 24hrs as they like to "review the case" before calling back ( what are the chances they call back tomorrow ??! ). And also she stated that the 100k mileage they put on the wet belt is just a "recommendation" and not a guarantee.

What she also told us is that it looks they have taken a 50/50 approach to it - except their cost is done at warranty rate and ours is done at full retail rate, so in essence it's not really 50/50.

So another trip to the dealership after work as am really ***** off now.  No idea really what we do from here, we can't afford the £4,861.00 to fix it, still paying for Finance and insurance and we are now 7 weeks down without a car. 

17 minutes ago, unofix said:

How the Ford 50% contribution works:

Id love to have an offer of £2,247.00.  I can get it replaced for that amount lol.

Quick Question for you mate, It looks like we are getting a new engine from pumaspeed or somewhere, My question is, 

when i asked the ford parts guy about the new hoses thatt re routed differently, he didnt seem to know what i was going on about, He only knew about the degas hose,

I was under the impression they did a complete new set of hose that re routed differently to save future issues .

Have i got this wrong. If not do you know what they are or where to get them ?

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Would you have been happy if Ford had offered to pay 50% of the cost of a new engine ?

I know a woman called Sarah who can probably get you that deal, but I'm not sure you would be satisfied with the discount.

Just seen this post,  is that deal, where fords give you 50% off THEIR PRICE of £4200 ? which has to be fitted through them ?

Or will fords give me £2,247.00. cash / cheque towards another engine ?

im unsure exactly

the dealers where i took it to be diagnosed quoted this

engine.thumb.png.47fb19a6902d0ea76ed36147c4fba858.png

16 minutes ago, AUDIdoTHAT said:

Just seen this post,  is that deal, where fords give you 50% off THEIR PRICE of £4200 ? which has to be fitted through them ?

Or will fords give me £2,247.00. cash / cheque towards another engine ?

im unsure exactly

It was 50% off the cost of getting it replaced at a dealer, you don't get the money.

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

It was 50% off the cost of getting it replaced at a dealer, you don't get the money.

Thanks mate.

and is that deal 50% off of her price of £7,108.00 making £3,554 to pay myself ?

Or 50% of my quoted price of £4198.40 making £2,099.20 to pay myself ?

3 minutes ago, AUDIdoTHAT said:

Thanks mate.

and is that deal 50% off of her price of £7,108.00 making £3,554 to pay myself ?

Or 50% of my quoted price of £4198.40 making £2,099.20 to pay myself ?

Bear in mind that it a deal specifically for that case, not something you can just ask for.

Ford offered 50% off the work at warranty rates (half standard labour rate), but it sounds like the dealer (a franchise remember) was trying to cash in and still charge full rate on the other half, which they really shouldn't imo.

5 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Bear in mind that it a deal specifically for that case, not something you can just ask for.

Ford offered 50% off the work at warranty rates (half standard labour rate), but it sounds like the dealer (a franchise remember) was trying to cash in and still charge full rate on the other half, which they really shouldn't imo.

ah ok im with you now,  sorry just wanted to be clear,  Mad how 1 dealer want to charge £7k for an engine when another dealers/franchise want £4k.   

this is what im finding when phoning different ford dealers parts departments now for a engine price.

cheapest i got so far is 

£1958 inc vat reconditioned new from fords zero miles £400 surcharge on engine exchange
£1468 with ford ticket - car must be in the employees name

or

£1780 available 4th may
Non ford engine ( different supplier with warranty )   ivorsearle i think the company is called.

i can get a engine fitted for £300 by our trusted mechanic

Just deciding which way to go really. Never heard of ivorsearle or what their engines are like etc.

When you say non Ford engine, I'm guessing it's a refurb. It must be an original block surely?

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

When you say non Ford engine, I'm guessing it's a refurb. It must be an original block surely?

really not sure mate,  trying to do a bit off searching on it now, just found this, i think the company has been around years and consider their tested engines to be better than off the shelf etc etc

https://garagewire.co.uk/news/garage-wire-magazine/watch-ivor-searle-engine-remanufacturing-process-revealed/

Yeah it is still a refurb/recondition, they just toot their horn to doing a better job. I'm not saying they don't, but it implies they are still using original blocks. It's not a new copy, like other small parts might be.

50 minutes ago, AUDIdoTHAT said:

Id love to have an offer of £2,247.00.  I can get it replaced for that amount lol.

Quick Question for you mate, It looks like we are getting a new engine from pumaspeed or somewhere, My question is, 

when i asked the ford parts guy about the new hoses thatt re routed differently, he didnt seem to know what i was going on about, He only knew about the degas hose,

I was under the impression they did a complete new set of hose that re routed differently to save future issues .

Have i got this wrong. If not do you know what they are or where to get them ?

The parts desk aren't likely to know what you're on about.  Will just get 'computer says no' error lol.

The facelift hoses were re routed.  Wilco made a great post about the upgrade here.

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/111109-mk3-degas-hose-leaking/?do=findComment&comment=784464&_rid=58818

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

The parts desk aren't likely to know what you're on about.  Will just get 'computer says no' error lol.

The facelift hoses were re routed.  Wilco made a great post about the upgrade here.

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/111109-mk3-degas-hose-leaking/?do=findComment&comment=784464&_rid=58818

Thanks mate, will get them ordered up asap.. just glad i got some progress now. hopefully the car goes in this weekend to be started on.

for anyone in future, who might want to know... 

GSF gets the engines from ivorsearle cheaper,

GSF quoted £1740 including vat.

Theres a £600 surcharge for your old engine, but if you have the new 1 delivered and your old 1 is ready to give to them they waiver the surcharge, so total is £1740 for the engine which is the cheapest i found.

(this isn't the route i took) but somebody might want to  

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 6:07 PM, AUDIdoTHAT said:

Hi mate, it not that i doubt you, Im just not mechanically minded AT ALL, never have been, and im trying to be as sure as i can be before doing what needs to be done , so just double checking.

Nows the time to get mechanically minded 😁 I deal with  1980s engines,(I don't like modern) and these can be stripped and rebuilt,heads skimmed,cranks reground,new Shell bearings,new piston rings and so on. And the engine is good as new

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, sierra3dr said:

Nows the time to get mechanically minded 😁 I deal with  1980s engines,(I don't like modern) and these can be stripped and rebuilt,heads skimmed,cranks reground,new shell bearings,new piston rings and so on. And the engine is good as new

Ah !!!

I see where you are coming from. You're suggesting the way forward is to fit a 1600 OHC Cortina Mk5 engine in to the Op's Focus. Then if he needs to strip it and rebuild it in the future the parts will just be sitting there on the shelf ready 👍

33 minutes ago, unofix said:

Ah !!!

I see where you are coming from. You're suggesting the way forward is to fit a 1600 OHC Cortina Mk5 engine in to the Op's Focus. Then if he needs to strip it and rebuild it in the future the parts will just be sitting there on the shelf ready 👍

Yeh,that was phrased wrong 😁😄 I meant applying the same method,whip the head off the ecoboost,have it skimmed and tested. First of all replace the oil and oil filter as it might have emulsified.  And get a new headgasket,replace cylinder head. It might not need a bottom end rebuild.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club