Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec

matt2730

hi all ive just had my focus 1.8 zetec climate pack 2006 serviced and i asked to check for a oil leak as seem to have to top up a bit every few weeks i was told at garage that the z zetec engines burn oil every few 1000 miles is this true and does any 1 else have fuel problems as i have been on a run and ive clocked the trip comp on

and only getting the max 45mpg doing 65mph is this about right cheers

I think your oil burning is hi.

my mk1 1.8 zetec doesnt burn oil the fact that youres does suggests an issue with it ive never topped my oil up between 6month changes and never had to

I had a mk1 1.8 Zetec and never needed to top the oil up between annual services, and it had 80K on it when it was written of by a prat wanting to drive on our side of the road.

Currently got a Mk2 1.6 Zetec [ had it 10 months] and it is due a service mid October, and have not had to top the oil up as yet. Anyway on the Mk2 Focus the designation Zetec is not an engine identifier, but a trim level designator. So when the garage told you Zetec engines burn oil, not only where they talking bollards. They obviously don't no their engines because the engine in the Mk2 06 is a Duratec HE 1.8 PFI

I had a mk1 1.8 Zetec and never needed to top the oil up between annual services, and it had 80K on it when it was written of by a prat wanting to drive on our side of the road.

Currently got a Mk2 1.6 Zetec [ had it 10 months] and it is due a service mid October, and have not had to top the oil up as yet. Anyway on the Mk2 Focus the designation Zetec is not an engine identifier, but a trim level designator. So when the garage told you Zetec engines burn oil, not only where they talking bollards. They obviously don't no their engines because the engine in the Mk2 06 is a Duratec HE 1.8 PFI

i was going to say that the only true zetec engines are on the focus 1998-2004 mk1 and 1.5 the mk2 is a duratec he loosely based on a zetec originally but very different so how can the zetec engine burn oil whan you dont have a zetec engine only zetec trim have to agree te garage clearly doesnt know what its talking about

1999 1.8 Zetec here and just the annual oil service. Although I suppose low quality oil could burn quicker. Just as a benchmark If I randomly check the oil level every 2 months or so its never below half way between min and max. It just doesnt seem to burn oil.

1999 1.8 Zetec here and just the annual oil service. Although I suppose low quality oil could burn quicker. Just as a benchmark If I randomly check the oil level every 2 months or so its never below half way between min and max. It just doesnt seem to burn oil.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club