Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Daytime Running Lights

markm92668

Just found these in the new accessories catalog. Just wondered if anyone had them as i'm thinking about asking my dealer?

792145f51a.jpg

where did you download the catalog?

it's just the standard all model catalog from ford.co.uk. The picture in there is different, but shows the same lights.

i enguired about them, they are £548.45 + fitting. total rip-off! they're not even body coloured and don't have blue leds

they will not have blue led because it is illegal to show any blue light unless its an emergency vechial.

they will not have blue led because it is illegal to show any blue light unless its an emergency vechial.

I meant the blue/white colour like on mercs/audis

Am i the only one who think's they look ugly? :unsure:

Ugly indeed.

Edit: Looks like the car in the picture has the new Mountune alloys fitted, I think they're quite nice. They'd look better on a dark colored car maybe.

Just found these in the new accessories catalog. Just wondered if anyone had them as i'm thinking about asking my dealer?

792145f51a.jpg

It looks as though you get new bumpers complete with the lights, and sprayed to your body-colour. Price is appropriate, for what you get.

why dont they just re work the lights?? they could house a strip inside there and it would look neat cos there alot of air in the light housing aint there and i think they look betta there

03082010267.jpg

:)

I think Ford desgined it like that to stay within the law. There is some law saying they have to be between special height etc.

There's a kit on powerbulbs.com website which states what the current law is reguarding LED lights:

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=162

not too sure, the height it suggests is the legal max would mean all audi's are illegal... it must just be for that type of after-market DRL's

Anyone else think these lights just make the front bumper look way too over crowded? Especially on that frozen white fezza <_<

There are a lot of forums suggesting that DRLs are compulsary for new cars from next year in the Uk.

Has anyone seen an actual date?

Dave

Who needs daytime running lights ? The Fiestas from the 90's didn't have those, if it's dark enough to need lights, turn the side lights on! If it's very dark, turn the dipped lights on!! They just waste fuel in my opinion.

My 2 pence...

the led's they use dont even bother fuel consumption... its been thought of as a road safety feature with reports saying it could cut down road accidents, mainly pedestrian - car accidents... i think they look fit pulled off right too!! like the citroen DS3 and all audi's :)

and as for the date when they needed i thought 2012?? but all cars made after then need them stock yeh... i think they gnna shift towards the US shape fiesta and use the big triangle fog thing to house them... hope they dont like but yeh i can see it rather than that mess they done

DRLs will be mandatory on any newly introduced or re-homologated (major facelift to you and me) car from 2011. As the Fiesta came out in 2008, it won't NEED them until they make major revisions to the car.

I thought that these accessory DRLs were actually done by another company and Ford are merely selling them - if that were the case I think its unlikely that the Mk7.5 would have them....not least because they are possibly the worst DRLs I've ever seen.

The simplest and least offensive DRLs I've seen are the new Golf. Rather than adding another light unit as a DRL it runs the high beam at a reduced brightness during daylight conditions (no other lights come on, including the rear of the car), switching them off when you then turn the dipped beams on.

I'm sure they could add that onto the Fiesta with a bit of re-programming and re-wiring.

DRLs are now mandatory on any newly introduced or re-homologated (major facelift to you and me) car. As the Fiesta came out in 2008, it won't NEED them until they make major revisions to the car.

I thought that these accessory DRLs were actually done by another company and Ford are merely selling them - if that were the case I think its unlikely that the Mk7.5 would have them....not least because they are possibly the worst DRLs I've ever seen.

The simplest and least offensive DRLs I've seen are the new Golf. Rather than adding another light unit as a DRL it runs the high beam at a reduced brightness during daylight conditions (no other lights come on, including the rear of the car), switching them off when you then turn the dipped beams on.

I'm sure they could add that onto the Fiesta with a bit of re-programming and re-wiring.

When we were running our dip-beam on low power via a dropper resistor, as soon as sidelights were selected, there was a knock-on effect of premature failure of the dip filament, because it NEEDS to run hot, to avoid tungsten getting deposited on the glass, rather than back onto the filament. Also, some dropper-resistors failed :- I had one. So, with that one R19 car, kept for 3 years from new, I had one failed dip filament, and one failed dropper resistor.

They stopped the use of dropper-resistors!!

I am in favour of DRL's as our farmers don't bother to use lights at dusk, or at gloomy periods of the day, mostly thinking they are saving something (battery, or bulbs, or dynamo!-- we have some geriatric farmers still.) Some of them are just not very switched on, and bumble around at 15 MPH looking in fields, and turn without warning.

The total opposite of neds using sidelights and fogs all day/every day, though that IS illegal. Using dip would be fine, and gives my bi-xenons instant flash response.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club