Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Music files format

Alans Car

I know my unit plays mp3 files, but I can't find any details to do with formats, e.g.  it take a DVD RW mp3 disk in the normal CD part?

And the same again, except on a USB stick, even formatted to the correct exFAT with mp3's loaded, the system refuses to see it, it doesn't even show there is a USB connection until the phone is plugged in, yet it suggests that it can handle a USB library of music, it just never shows as connected when I've tried to do this, any thoughts as to this?

The head unit will only play CDRs, some played CDRWs

The system won't recognise a USB over 8GB or 16 GB (can't remember)

• Like 1

That gives me what I need to narrow it down, I can now experiment using these baseline guides, Thanks for that.

Also note that if creating a CD you'll probably need to create a proper "audio CD", not just a plain ordinary "data" type CD with mp3 files on it.

I know Ford state to format in exFAT but try FAT32 instead.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry guy's I didn't get any notification of further reply's, been helping a mate who is a technophobe and downsizing, it's hard work lol.

Anyway, the 4gig stick made no difference, and the system does not even display a USB option in the menu selection, but it picked up the 128gig stick when I did the map and system updates, so I will try Fat32 as suggested and report back, burning to disk isn't anything I haven't done before, apart from using .mp3 files as opposed to .wav etc, so that side of it is easy enough to do, I'll just experiment with a cd\rw disc to see what I can get away with, and I know they need to be finalised before working on some devices, so that's fine, I'll try and do that tomorrow, just totally drained lately, but Thanks for the reply's guys. 🍻

Hi, cd/rw disks might not be recognised in your player-certainly earlier units couldn't read them. You might have to just use cdr disks.... Also, you're mixing up finalising dvds with cds (which you don't finalise). 

2 hours ago, nicam49 said:

Also, you're mixing up finalising dvds with cds (which you don't finalise). 

The "finalisation" process applies to all types of optical discs - CD, DVD and Bluray. Some burning processes may do this step automatically whilst others may not.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club