Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Map update is available but download file is not correct

docdunning

Hi all - I'm having problems with the Ford Sync 3 update page.  I'm in conversation with Ford Customer Services about it, but frankly they seem to be unable to help without me jumping through hoops and answering 20 or 30 questions that patently have no relevance to the issue.

When I go to https://www.ford.co.uk/support/sync-maps-updates#/ and enter my VIN, I am told that Sync is up to date, and that a Map update is available.  See the attached screenshot.

The button to download the map update is a link to https://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/owner-package/3377334455/Map_44309_Update.zip

I click the button to download the map update, but the file I get is only 43KB in size – obviously not a proper map update which would be several GB in size.  I've tried several times over several days, but the same thing happens.

The screen in the car itself tells me that the installed maps are version F10, by the way.

I'd appreciate a bit of advice on how to proceed.  I guess ultimately it's not a big deal - the maps I have are OK, but I know that a few new roads have opened up and it's handy to have them on the system.

sync3 update.png

With the version of Sync 3 you are on, I would recommend using cyanlabs to update to the latest version of sync3 and the latest maps, you need a large 64gb usb though

It's a bug just ignore it, everyone else is seeing the same.

Yes Im seeing the same on my Edge and my sons Puma. (See my posting In Edge forum)

OK, thanks for your replies.  I'll check the update page again in a week or two and see if anything's different.  Meantime, if I get anything back from Ford CS, I'll post again here.

14 minutes ago, docdunning said:

I'll check the update page again in a week or two and see if anything's different. 

Don't be too hasty !!

Check back in 6 months and see if anything has changed. Nothing to do with Sync updates moves at speed.

On 5/3/2023 at 4:07 PM, docdunning said:

Hi all - I'm having problems with the Ford Sync 3 update page.  I'm in conversation with Ford Customer Services about it, but frankly they seem to be unable to help without me jumping through hoops and answering 20 or 30 questions that patently have no relevance to the issue.

When I go to https://www.ford.co.uk/support/sync-maps-updates#/ and enter my VIN, I am told that Sync is up to date, and that a Map update is available.  See the attached screenshot.

The button to download the map update is a link to https://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/owner-package/3377334455/Map_44309_Update.zip

I click the button to download the map update, but the file I get is only 43KB in size – obviously not a proper map update which would be several GB in size.  I've tried several times over several days, but the same thing happens.

The screen in the car itself tells me that the installed maps are version F10, by the way.

I'd appreciate a bit of advice on how to proceed.  I guess ultimately it's not a big deal - the maps I have are OK, but I know that a few new roads have opened up and it's handy to have them on the system.

sync3 update.png

HELLO,
i am be in the same situation, same update message, same syng version, same update maps and unzip file 43,4 KB (Map_44309_Update.zip).
I tryed many times  from the official ford.gr and ford.co.uk but no difference.
I guess something wrong with the FORD.

15 hours ago, unofix said:

Don't be too hasty !!

Check back in 6 months and see if anything has changed. Nothing to do with Sync updates moves at speed.

😄

Just to add - Ford CS did get back to me, but they insist on having all of their irrelevant questions answered because they have to follow procedure.  Sigh.

The only thing they could offer was that I need to upload a log file, but of course I successfully did that after the last update.  They really don't seem to understand the underlying issue, or be capable of passing the investigation on to someone who's involved in managing the web page and the downloads.

I've asked them to close the case - there's no point persisting.

• 3 weeks later...

Fwiw, just to report that the Ford update page finally offered me the correct map update file today, which I downloaded and installed via a USB stick.  So I'm now on map version F11 and no change to the version of Sync3.  After I uploaded the log file, the web page tells me that there are no updates available, so things seem to be where they should be.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club