Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Galaxy scanner error code

Sabhawe

Hi all I’m getting these two codes intermittently when I scan my car U0101:00-8A communication with Transmission control module (TCM) is lost

U0416:68-2A Invalid data received from vehicle dynamics control module 

can anyone you help please 

These codes indicate that you're having problems with CAN bus (network) communications between computer modules.

Your vehicle is the right age for suffering from the infamous cracked solder joint issue on the instrument cluster. This may well be the cause of your problem. If so then the cracked joints need re-soldering. Some garages may do it, otherwise there are lots of services on eBay (and elsewhere), like my own, though I don't think it would be practical to do it for you myself due to likely import/export complications.

Another common source of electrical problems is corrosion due to water ingress at the GEM/BCM, aka the passenger footwell fusebox.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply deeply appreciated 👍

would buying second hand IC from 2012 Ford model that is not affected by the dry soldering work?

9 hours ago, Sabhawe said:

would buying second hand IC from 2012 Ford model

Not a good thing to do.

The IC is part of the PATS security and replacing the cluster will mean the car won't start. Also you would need to find a used one with less mileage than your own so that it  could be adjusted upwards. The mileage can't be adjusted backwards using FORScan.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, unofix said:

Not a good thing to do.

The IC is part of the PATS security and replacing the cluster will mean the car won't start. Also you would need to find a used one with less mileage than your own so that it  could be adjusted upwards. The mileage can't be adjusted backwards using FORScan.

Hi, thank you for the info👍

since you have mentioned the FORScan tool. What is the best scan tool that works with Ford best. I have XTool D8 

Other than the genuine Ford dealers diagnostic equipment (not an option for home users), the best software for reading all Ford specific DTC's and been able to do programming is FORScan. Use it together with the vLinker FS cable and you have a system that is as close as it gets to the real Ford equipment.

FORScan: https://forscan.org/download.html

vLinker FS cable: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vgate-vLinker-Adapter-FORScan-MS-CAN/dp/B0952P4MLP

• 3 weeks later...

Hi thank you for your assistance, I actually bought the adapter and downloaded the Forscan software. I have one more question, where can I get the program codes to make changes to my Ford galaxy? I notice by watching YouTube videos that people have spreadsheets of codes like xxXxxx xxxxxxxx for example where the x is a number then the capital X is a value you need to change to apply the change!

for example enabling features that are disabled by default. 

thank you in advance 

• Like 1

There are no "sheets" but most changes can done in the section of FORScan that uses words. Or you can ask on the forum if there is something that you are trying to change. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club