Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ranger convenient outlet without power

shepherdranger

Please help me with my Ford ranger Wildtrak Next Gen 2023. Just recently, I found out that the 230V CO of both the passenger side and truck bed are both have no power. It would take months before I could visit the Ford service center. Any idea what to check? There could be fuses or circuit breaker that could be reset or replaced and maybe end-user serviceable? I remember the last thing I did was plugged in a vacuum cleaner that was over the rated capacity of the outlet. I've also used the back passenger USB port to power a second dash cam which would shut down in a few minutes of use.

5 hours ago, shepherdranger said:

Please help me with my Ford ranger Wildtrak Next Gen 2023. Just recently, I found out that the 230V CO of both the passenger side and truck bed are both have no power. It would take months before I could visit the Ford service center. Any idea what to check? There could be fuses or circuit breaker that could be reset or replaced and maybe end-user serviceable? I remember the last thing I did was plugged in a vacuum cleaner that was over the rated capacity of the outlet. I've also used the back passenger USB port to power a second dash cam which would shut down in a few minutes of use.

You should check out the online owners manual for your car, bound to be a section on fuse replacements...

https://www.ford.co.uk/support/vehicle/ranger-rb/2023/owner-manuals

fuses.thumb.jpeg.1a7e88e59489cad76edf1428fbaf5c75.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks like fuses 33 & 34 under the bonnet.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot.

The battery sits next to the fuse box. Do I need to disconnect the battery before checking/replacing the fuse/s?  Any danger that will reset the settings, or will make the engine not to start?

20 minutes ago, shepherdranger said:

Thanks a lot.

The battery sits next to the fuse box. Do I need to disconnect the battery before checking/replacing the fuse/s?  Any danger that will reset the settings, or will make the engine not to start?

I'm guessing this is your first ever car! Nope, you can check fuses with battery intact, use the proper fuse removal tool...

• Like 1

No need to disconnect the battery.  Some fuses could reset settings, so just double check you've got the right fuse number before pulling it out.

As what Tom says...

34950838_fusebox.thumb.jpeg.d839db55081165c5507c3d15b1e82c8f.jpeg

Yes, my first.

Oh, there's a tool for removing the fuses. 

I thought, this is just similar to some electronic boards where you just yank and replace the fuse.

Since I do not have the replacement fuse (not sure if there are spare fuses inserted somewhere) and the removal tool, I guess I have to order and wait for these parts to arrive. 

Again, thanks for your quick help.

The UK forum is of much help than the US and Australian Ford (deserted/ghost) forums.

4 minutes ago, shepherdranger said:

Yes, my first.

Oh, there's a tool for removing the fuses. 

I thought, this is just similar to some electronic boards where you just yank and replace the fuse.

Since I do not have the replacement fuse (not sure if there are spare fuses inserted somewhere) and the removal tool, I guess I have to order and wait for these parts to arrive. 

Again, thanks for your quick help.

The UK forum is of much help than the US and Australian Ford (deserted/ghost) forums.

Take the cover off the fuse box and check, often there are a few spare fuses placed in the lid along with a very basic removal tool, which just yanks the fuse out of position!

I did not see any, spare fuses or a removal tool.

6 minutes ago, shepherdranger said:

I did not see any, spare fuses or a removal tool.

No problem, just buy a spare fuse and yank it out LOL (You may be better getting a small box of different sized fuses off eBay for future use. Different 'amps', not physical size!)

An example...

fuses.thumb.jpg.5896ea740d1457196c3cd6c6e5e9d4d2.jpg

Just yanked and tested the #34 fuse with a VOM tester, and the continuity test was an okay. I think, there's something else causing the no power output. 

By the way, the 12V of the truck bed is working.

9 hours ago, shepherdranger said:

By the way, the 12V of the truck bed is working.

Fuse No. 34 controls both the truck bed 12v outlet (according to the owners manual), and the other 12v outlet you plugged the vacuum cleaner in. There is definitely, 'cause & effect' in that you admit to using a higher load on the outlet than it was designed for. In theory, it should simply have blown a fuse, but sounds as if it may have damaged a relay/wiring to your now faulty 12v outlet. 

Considering it's a brand new car, and your lack of technical experience, I would just wait for your dealer to instigate a repair when you next visit them...

• Like 1

I did not use the 12V for the vacuum cleaner. The vacuum cleaner is a 220V but only realized later that it was more than the 400W maximum power for the C.O.

The manual indicated that, it will reset the trip-off when you turn the engine off, and on again.

Yeah, i guess I have to wait for the yearly service schedule (September to October this year).  I don't want to visit the dealership for this fault alone. It's not worth the long travel to the city.   

I could fix my computer easily, but this car is under warranty, I do not want to mess around with it and void any warranty. Still my mind wants to check the CO, for any fuse within.

I can plug in my Starlink to my portable back up power instead of the truck outlet.

The AC outlet must still have a fuse or overload protection. 

• Like 1

Please read P149 of your owners manual (there seems to be a thermal cut out which if breached will cut off the AC supply, but will resume when cooled down)

Yup, but this has been several months since, and cycled several times already and has not resumed/reset.

I was wondering, where did the AC 230V generation comes from? The inverter?

The inverter converts the 12VDC to AC 230V right? 

2 minutes ago, shepherdranger said:

Yup, but this has been several months since, and cycled several times already and has not resumed/reset.

I was wondering, where did the AC 230V generation comes from? The inverter?

The inverter converts the 12VDC to AC 230V right? 

Yes there will be an inverter. There should be a fuse for the inverter’s 12V supply. 

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Yeah.

The 230V outlet (just below the airconditioning vent) on the second row has no power too. 

I want to check this outlet, but I do not have any idea how to disassemble to reveal the CO.

The CO at the truck bed has been checked already and I did not find any circuit protection or something.

Have a look at fuse No 36 - it's a 60A fuse for the inverter...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Yeah.

The 230V outlet (just below the airconditioning vent) on the second row has no power too. 

I want to check this outlet, but I do not have any idea how to disassemble to reveal the CO.

The CO at the truck bed has been checked already and I did not find any circuit protection or something.

Fuse 36 has been checked. It's working.

I am sorry for the double-post. My internet is really bad these few hours.

I am now using star link backup internet.

I want to locate the inverter. Any idea where it should be?

Can someone confirm, the inverter is located under the bed?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club