Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta. Loud Squeak From The Left-Hand Side - Arrrggghhh!

StephSY

Sorry if this has been posted before. I could only find something similar and wasn't sure if it was the same fault...

I have a Ford Fiesta 1.6 Titanium bought in Dec 08, registered Jan 09. It has Contact Premium 2 Tyres and 17" alloys.

Had some pothole damage which set me back £500 in March and they replaced the two left-hand side tyres and alloys. They checked everything else and there was nothing else wrong with the car.

In the last couple of months, I've noticed a really loud squeak coming from the left-hand side. It's not when I brake, so I know it's not the brakes, and only happens when I turn for a certain amount of time (mainly turning left) or when parking (usually between 2 and 20mph).

I've taken it to Ford and they had two technicians look at it and do all the necessary checks and they confirm there is nothing mechanically wrong with the car. They did say however that it could be the new wheels i've had, as apparently it's a common fault with new ones.

Even though it set my mind at rest, as I thought I was going to get a massive bill, the noise is driving me insane. It sounds like a noise a lorry should make, as it really is loud. It's embarrassing!

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what could it be if it's not the wheels?

Since when do wheels squeek.

Did a child put a squeeky toy inside your tyre when they fitted them.

I have never had any tyres or wheels squeek in the 6 fiesta's i have owned.

Jamie

Hi - I've seen this problem mentioned before (somewhere!) on here - seems to be a fairly common issue with some MK7 Fiestas.

The "culprit" seems to be either the front anti-roll bar bushes, or, the top suspension strut bearings.

ive had the same problem... it comes and goes as it pleases! really embarresing in slow traffic through town haha :)

Oh you mean the scrubbing noise when turning the wheel on full lock and when on uneven surfaces.

I get that.

Jamie

my cousins mk2 focus actually sqeeks or whines contantly whenever the steering is on full lock , it might be something simular to that but not sure what it actually is

• 1 month later...

my cousins mk2 focus actually sqeeks or whines contantly whenever the steering is on full lock , it might be something simular to that but not sure what it actually is

Oops, didn't realise I had had replies to this post, sorry.

The squeaking has now driven me insane! It sounds like a hamster in a wheel kind of squeak most of the time, but can be quite a loud and harsh noise as well. My brakes have started to squeak now too, but not all the time so I can handle that! It's usually when I turn a corner, but also happens when i'm just driving along in a straight line.

I've seen on another site that it can be the pads binding slightly with the disk (which can be rectified by doing an emergency stop) or a loose handbrake cable.

Guess I need to take it back to Ford and quote all the problems it could be, including the anti-roll bar bushes/suspension strut bearing issues and see what they do about it...

Thanks for your replies. :)

Since when do wheels squeek.

Did a child put a squeeky toy inside your tyre when they fitted them.

I have never had any tyres or wheels squeek in the 6 fiesta's i have owned.

Jamie

I know, haha!