Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.25 Tuning/performance

mwhite01

Hi

I have just bought i Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec mk6.5, I have upgraded the air filter to a K&N panel which didnt do anything really, i am after some advice on getting just slight bits of extra power, im not after new cams or flywheels etc just easy mods like a chip.

Any body got any advice?

My advice: dont waste your time really

The only things worht doing would be a proper induction kit to replace the restrictive air box, and, if you were really serious, an exhaust

A chip will do next to nothing to increase the power on a (82bhp??) 1.25 NA engine

If you're serious about going quick then focus on handling and keeping higher speeds through corners

Hope this helps

RBJ

• Like 1

Like has been said already just focus on handling as even an induction kit and decat exhaust etc will not increase the performance by much.

Simple answer...

If you want more power, sell the 1.25 and buy a 1.4/1.6.

• Like 2

Just echoing what has already been said, dont waste your time tryint ot tune it as not alot can be done for the 1.25 engine, youll drop the value of your car and the insurance will go up. But if you really must, the ECU on the fiesta's are highly encrypted so getting into them is tricky unless you go to somewhere like pumaspeed or pumabuild.

Just go buy a 1.4. Easier and wiser :)

• Like 1

not much you could do really,i have a 1.25 in my mk7 fiesta,went to see what SKN tuning.de had to offer: +14 bhp and +15nM,not bad for a N/A engine,they also give full warranty for the performance gain (still believe that the increase isnt that much,probably around 8-10)

so that is the first thing that i will do after my warranty expires,than probably a full miltek exhaust etc.

hint: took the car on the dyno run: it puts out 86 bhp (if i remember correctly) instead of 82 bhp ; also it is a standard car,no engine tuning yet :D

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

In fairness, I was searching for the same info. Just bought a 1.25 Fiesta myself and I did wonder if it could be worth tuning it up. But so far (for a 1.25 engine) it already kicks out some great speed. I think I'd just be eating petrol if I tuned it up.

For a lightweight car the 75hp(ish) engine packs a fair punch. If I wanted more I'd consider going for the ST but it depends on how many miles you plan on doing and how much you're willing to spend on fuel.

If you try tuning up and it works out okay let me know though, I'll be next B)

• 3 months later...

Just put your money into making it look cool that's what am doing or just do what the others have sayed and sell it and get a 1.4 or 1.6

I would skip the 1.4 and go straight to the 1.6 it has a great deal more power than both the 1.4 and 1.25 which are quite similar.

• Like 1

Just add an induction kit, gives you some noise so makes it feel like you going faster haha :)

Then easy to change back to standard when your had your fun.

I have a 2007 MK6.5 1.25L Fiesta. When I took it into Ford for a service they recommended an PCM update, which has definitely improved low Rev range torque and high Rev range acceleration. It also seemed to address the issue of the dull Rev range between low and high. Also upped the economy if that's your thing.

Cost me £40inc the tax. I'd get it done if you car hasn't had the Update.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

What sort of induction kit would you get for the 1.25 14plate :/

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 3 weeks later...

Bigger exhaust and a gsr induction kit. Gsr induction kit is expensive but does give you a little bit more power. What I did to mine was a induction kit, exhaust, good service, lowered and strut brace. Gives you more power and gives you good cornering. Nothing else you can do without a chip or clutch etc like you said. Go for looks or bigger engine

I can remember when the 1.25L motor was first released, in the mk4.

Felt really zippy and really fun to drive even in the auto model we had so my brother could drive it. You could feel some of the DNA from the Yamaha design.

Moving onto the mk6.5 I think ford had to resurrect the 1.25L as they couldn't meet demand with the 1.3L engine of the time, it felt really flat and gutless in comparison. Felt really painful pushing the revs up to get it moving along better, lots of noise without much else. Probably a combination of heavier car and tighter emissions than the original version.

• 1 year later...

Anyone help on good modifications I can do to my Ford Fiesta mk6 1.25 and please don't say get a bigger car cause i can't insurance is to dear and I'm just getting into cars so I enjoy just making small differences and just having fun and any good things to buy to make it look nice thanks for any good feedback 

9 hours ago, Glennwood97 said:

Anyone help on good modifications I can do to my Ford Fiesta mk6 1.25 and please don't say get a bigger car cause i can't insurance is to dear and I'm just getting into cars so I enjoy just making small differences and just having fun and any good things to buy to make it look nice thanks for any good feedback 

A few simple things would be things like changing to LED Bulbs, wind deflectors, painting wheels, colour coding trims etc, the 1.25 engine isn't going to yield much power but what you can improve is throttle response with a good induction kit and exhaust - it won't give you much more power but will make the car more responsive and fun to drive.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Glennwood97 said:

Hi,

If you ever need any help with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help.

Regards,

Dan.

I had a mk6 1.4 and I could not do to much to the performance but had a panel filter. 

Best improvements were space suspension 50mm drop fitted full leather seats from zetec s, front strut brace kept up with a lot bigger cars round the corners and roundabouts still put a big smile on my face! 

Handling is where I would focus on, or upgrade interior from ST or ZS

but have fun! 👍🏻

44 minutes ago, winslade6770 said:

Best improvements were space suspension 50mm drop fitted full leather seats from zetec s, front strut brace kept up with a lot bigger cars round the corners and roundabouts still put a big smile on my face! 

Which front strut brace did you use, as I've been considering one for my next purchase?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club