Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.25 Tuning/performance

mwhite01

We're can I get a strut brace front and back for quit cheap and the one in the back is for inside the car when I take me seats out 

On 7/31/2016 at 10:30 PM, Glennwood97 said:

don't say get a bigger car cause i can't insurance is to dear 

You are surely aware that adding things like chips, strut braces and induction kits could well add considerably to your insurance? Negating the initial saving you made by buying a low powered car... Even things like painting your wheels would have to be declared but may not add too much. Doing all these things when you've already stated that money is a factor, just seems like a false economy.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dave-2912 said:

You are surely aware that adding things like chips, strut braces and induction kits could well add considerably to your insurance? Negating the initial saving you made by buying a low powered car... Even things like painting your wheels would have to be declared but may not add too much. Doing all these things when you've already stated that money is a factor, just seems like a false economy.

Agreed, the extra insurance for changing anything on the car will far outweigh having a stock more powerful car in the first place.

• 1 year later...
On 8/14/2010 at 1:03 PM, mwhite01 said:

Hi

I have just bought i Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec mk6.5, I have upgraded the air filter to a K&N panel which didnt do anything really, i am after some advice on getting just slight bits of extra power, im not after new cams or flywheels etc just easy mods like a chip.

Any body got any advice?

Hello mate av got a mk6 1.25 zetec duratec what you wanting more handling or quicker accelaration or performance or quicker gear timing i can help you out abit but tbh mate your only gunna get at the most 82bhp out of a stage one map and a 120 torque theres not gunna be much differance but a full induction kit on and a different exhaust you wont feel much differance apart from a bit quicker accelaration if you wanting to get map to get better fule then i would say yes go a head get the map but whats 7 extra bhp and 10 extra torque gunna do nothing much mate 

• 4 years later...

Hi I know it's an old thread but wanted to share my thoughts. I have the 1.25 zetec MK4 and have quite a few mods which have indeed made it much nippier, have beaten things with over 140 bhp before. I have found anything from 1.6 and under really struggles against my car now hehe.

I've got a power flow cat-back exhaust, cold air intake, chip Power24 tuning box set to max (runs rich), brisk racing spark plugs, MSD coil pack, performance ignition leads and am soon getting performance engine mount fitted and 4 bar fuel pump. Have a possible stage 2 clutch coming as well, as the car now has quite a bit more torque and the clutch tends to slip sometimes as it's not used to it.

All in all, this engine is quite nippy and as long as you have the time and money, I don't see why you wouldn't just mod it tbh? It's such a cool car!!!

• Sad 1

Interesting. Most queries on this topic seem to be about the later cars and I guess the mods will be more effective on the earlier version due to less weight.

I think the Mk 4 was about 920kg compared to the Mk 7 at around 1040kg.

3 hours ago, bmtj said:

I don't see why you wouldn't just mod it tbh? It's such a cool car!!!

You have notified your insurance company about all this haven't you? If not and you are involved in an accident you could be in big trouble, both financially and with the police - driving without insurance!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, agraham said:

You have notified your insurance company about all this haven't you? 

4 hours ago, bmtj said:

have beaten things with over 140 bhp before. I have found anything from 1.6 and under really struggles against my car now hehe.

.....and we trust all this "beating things" has not been taking place on the public highway?😀

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

.....and we trust all this "beating things" has not been taking place on the public highway?😀

You can always win a race, if the other driver doesn't know about being in a race. 😉  FWIW Traffic light Gran Prix don't fall foul of the law, provided no speed limits are broken.

...and no dangerous, reckless, or inconsiderate driving took place. Then again, 1.25 Fiestas are made for cheapness, not speed.  The really cool thing to do is to keep it out of a ditch for a year and buy a 125 Ecoboost engined car.

On 1/23/2023 at 1:52 PM, agraham said:

You have notified your insurance company about all this haven't you? If not and you are involved in an accident you could be in big trouble, both financially and with the police - driving without insurance!

What's it got to do with you anyway if I hadn't?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/23/2023 at 8:36 PM, mickywrx said:

You can always win a race, if the other driver doesn't know about being in a race. 😉  FWIW Traffic light Gran Prix don't fall foul of the law, provided no speed limits are broken.

😂😂😂😂

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, bmtj said:

What's it got to do with you anyway if I hadn't?

If you haven't you are an uninsured illegal menace on the roads.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, agraham said:

God you must be fun at party's... Not, sound like a Karen. Why are you on a ford page anyway, sounds like you don't even like Cars

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, agraham said:

Hardly a menace in a little fezzie 😂😂😂 I'm not in a ***** lambo or something 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I've got 88 bhp and 133 NM torque out of my 1.25 MK4, with full exhaust, 200 cell cat and 421 manifold. Intake etc, plus a remap + FSE power boost valve. Quite nippy now for such a small engine. Debating on doing turbo conversion hehe. The remap was just a normal off the shelf one I believe, so could even be pushing 95 - 100 bhp if it was a custom remap 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2023 at 3:46 PM, bmtj said:

I've got 88 bhp and 133 NM torque out of my 1.25 MK4, with full exhaust, 200 cell cat and 421 manifold. Intake etc, plus a remap + FSE power boost valve. Quite nippy now for such a small engine. Debating on doing turbo conversion hehe. The remap was just a normal off the shelf one I believe, so could even be pushing 95 - 100 bhp if it was a custom remap 🙂

Turned up the Power boost valve by a quart and has made a noticeable improvement. Next I will be doing Kent cams fast road and adjusting the valve clearances as they are a bit out of spec I think and I should be hitting 100 - 110 bhp after that. 

On 1/27/2023 at 2:25 PM, bmtj said:

Hardly a menace in a little fezzie 😂😂😂 I'm not in a ***** lambo or something 

A Fiesta being thrashed in a traffic light drag race will still do some damage if it hits another vehicle, or god forbid a person! The potentially uninsured part really applies as more of general principle i.e. uninsured drivers don't tend to wait around to deal with the aftermath of their actions because they know things will get a lot worse for them if the police attend and realise there are document offences to be dealt with.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, FatHead1979 said:

A Fiesta being thrashed in a traffic light drag race will still do some damage if it hits another vehicle, or god forbid a person! The potentially uninsured part really applies as more of general principle i.e. uninsured drivers don't tend to wait around to deal with the aftermath of their actions because they know things will get a lot worse for them if the police attend and realise there are document offences to be dealt with.

Never said that I haven't declared it

• 3 weeks later...

What turbo are you looking at? thinking of doing the same conversion on my 1.25 mk7.

• 5 months later...

I've got a 1.25 MK4 fiesta with 90 BHP and 133 nm torque (however car had an exhaust leak at the time so wasn't running 100 percent + my boost valve was standard (wasn't turned up). I've got a remap, full exhaust (including 421 headers and 200 cell cat) msd coil pack and high voltage wires, FSE power boost valve, cone air intake, performance engine mount, slightly higher bar fuel pump and am just about to install a puma 1.7 throttle body (12mm bigger than standard). All in all the car performs amazingly for what it is and couldn't be happier! FYI if you want the 1.7 throttle body it's literally just a bolt on no other things required (38mm standard throttle body which is very restrictive tbh). Pretty much a no brainer tbh! Hope this helped!

FB_IMG_1677762901763.jpg

On 4/19/2023 at 2:57 PM, RGillies46 said:

What turbo are you looking at? thinking of doing the same conversion on my 1.25 mk7.

Hi I'm not sure, I didn't go ahead with the turbo. Keeping it N/A lol

• 3 months later...
On 3/28/2023 at 10:11 PM, FatHead1979 said:

Now it's got 107 bhp 😄

On 4/19/2023 at 2:57 PM, RGillies46 said:

Not it's got 107 bhp 😄

Now 107 bhp and 109 ft-lbs. Soon to be 130 ish with a new intake manifold and cams hehe

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club