Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta MK 8.5 scuffed alloy

Spikecast

Annoyingly scuffed my alloy which is the "MAGNETITE MATT" colour. Can anyone recommend some touch up paint for this? I've been shopping around for quotes to have it done and most places advising ford alloys are difficult to match?

I'm based in the north east (near Middlesbrough) so if anyone can recommend somewhere that's good with fords please let me know!

Thanks

alloy.jpg

I did something similar on my current Fiesta when it was a month old. I called my local alloy wheel repair guy, he collected the car, did a repair that I still can't spot and returned it in around three hours. He never mentioned that matching Ford alloy wheel colour was an issue. I think I paid £40 cash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aldridge Andy said:

... I think I paid £40 cash.

Who doesn't like a nice bit of folding! (Keep government out of your money, no one wants a 'cashless society', unless they want to control your money...)

I've scuffed one of mine also - haven't looked into a repair as yet 

1 minute ago, Bashful said:

I've scuffed one of mine also - haven't looked into a repair as yet 

You need to get a set of proper steel wheels! Trims can be as low as £15 for 4, and you won't need to check air pressure from one month to the next 🤣

1165841013_blacktrims.thumb.jpg.b5c0fa18694ce96d69920f3df424060d.jpg

• Like 1

There aren't many things I hate on cars...but plastic wheel trims are in the top 5! :laugh:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

There aren't many things I hate on cars...

I hate solar panels on roofs, they look sh*t! Still, it's really up to the home owner...😂 I'm betting I also have the other 4 you speak of LOL

• Haha 2

Thanks all, but still can't find any places that will just repair that issue they are all saying they will need to the whole alloy, been quoted £50-80. Any other suggestions in the north east area? 🙂

14 minutes ago, Spikecast said:

Thanks all, but still can't find any places that will just repair that issue they are all saying they will need to the whole alloy, been quoted £50-80. Any other suggestions in the north east area? 🙂

£50 seems very reasonable to refurb the wheel, how much were you expecting to spend to repair?

I'd be more concerned at the damage done to the tire sidewall...

13 hours ago, Spikecast said:

With such a small chip, you might as well just get a small touch up pen for it.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

With such a small chip, you might as well just get a small touch up pen for it.

I bought the one I linked to which does look pretty close. Hoping I won't need it though!

• Like 1

Our next door neighbour kerbed his alloy, 'Chips Away' came to his house, wheel repaired & repainted whilst the wheel was still on the car, they did a superb job too and you couldn't tell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

...and you couldn't tell.

Why, was it a secret? 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, StephenFord said:

Why, was it a secret? 🤣

To be fair Stephen I'd just make sure the chip is at the bottom of the wheel! 
Never see it then, but you'd have to mess about with the parking until it's at the bottom 🤭

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

... but you'd have to mess about with the parking until it's at the bottom 🤭

I do the same with a puncture, always make sure it's at the bottom, never seems as bad then LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

I do the same with a puncture, always make sure it's at the bottom, never seems as bad then LOL

Oldie but good 🙂 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 8:43 PM, Ian Lanc said:

Oldie but good 🙂 

And the related oldie - there's nothing much wrong with the tyre; it's only flat at the bottom

• Haha 1

Learn to live with it, the moment you get it repaired it will happen again. It's only worth fixing such minimal damage if you are returning from lease or looking to get the best price when selling

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 8:32 PM, Ian Lanc said:

Our next door neighbour kerbed his alloy, 'Chips Away' came to his house, wheel repaired & repainted whilst the wheel was still on the car, they did a superb job too and you couldn't tell.

Rang chips away, said to ensure it matches they would have to re-do both wheels on that side,  he said wouldn't bother for a small chip. I'll grab that paint above and fill it for now until they get worse! They can't just re-do one area I was told. Which is odd as no one seems to be saying they can yet on my old ST I had someone fill it and repair it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spikecast said:

They can't just re-do one area I was told. Which is odd as no one seems to be saying they can yet on my old ST I had someone fill it and repair it.

I wonder if it's because of the semi-matt finish? Also, I was wondering if it's called "Magnetite" because it seems to be an even bigger magnet than usual for brake dust!😀

Getting paranoid about mine now, there are threads on other forums about how vulnerable the wheels are to kerbing, etc. The tyre gives virtually no protection and looks odd to me - almost as if someone has fitted an undersized tyre. I believe 205 is the minimum width tyre for a 7.5" rim, 215 or 225 being more ideal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Getting paranoid about mine now, there are threads on other forums about how vulnerable the wheels are to kerbing, etc.

You need to get yourself a set of Alloygators...

properfit.thumb.JPG.feba051ec1fe0264bb42ebcdf36d83f4.JPG

23 hours ago, StephenFord said:

You need to get yourself a set of Alloygators...

They only offer light touches to kerbing, anything heavyish will still snarl through the protector.

5 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

They only offer light touches to kerbing, anything heavyish will still snarl through the protector.

I used them for 5 years+, had to replace 3 of them due to my poor parking skills, but they did protect the alloys.

On 6/17/2023 at 10:53 AM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

The tyre gives virtually no protection and looks odd to me - almost as if someone has fitted an undersized tyre. I believe 205 is the minimum width tyre for a 7.5" rim, 215 or 225 being more ideal.

I was reminded of an earlier thread on this:

Didn't get any response on here but there seems to have been much discussion elsewhere, particularly Fiesta STOC as you might expect, not least as it seems 225/40s are more easily found and protect the rim better: https://www.fiestastoc.com/threads/225-40r18-tyres.326957/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club