Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken spring connector on clutch pedal - Mk5 (2016) Mondeo

MrMondeo77

Bit of a strange one, but when I got in my Mondeo to drive this evening I noticed a spring connector was knocking against my clutch pedal. The connector is still connected to the clutch pedal mechanism, but appears to have sheared away from when the other end it once connected to (not 100% sure where that should be).

My car still drives fine, and the clutch engages and disengages just as it did before, so not sure what the spring was there to originally do?

Any advice on whether my car is still safe to drive and how much I would be looking to replace this spring would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

ClutchPedal5.jpg

ClutchPedal1.jpg

ClutchPedal3.jpg

Clutch pedal detection switch ?

It smooths the operation of the clutch . Most people just take it off . I personally didn't like the the way the clutch operation felt. So I bought a new one.  You can't buy the spring separately but comes with the main clutch pedal spring . From what I remember it was around £25. Takes all of 30 secs to fit. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I’ve just bought this spring but where does the bottom of the spring fit to the pedal exactly..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club