Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Personalised Number Plates

RyboNashy02
聽Share

I am getting quite bored at work and so I have thought of something to keep me sane and alive in this time of crisis 馃槃

I want to know if you guys have a personalised number plate - what it says and whats the funniest one you've seen so far on the roads!

Lets see where this leads

39 minutes ago, RyboNashy02 said:

Lets see where this leads

It possibly leads to this thread being deleted from the Ford Modification forum by FOC admin. 馃ぃ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have always wanted FU2 but it never becomes available

OBO 110X in Essex but without the gap.

Some years ago I saw 18 5EXY on a Ferrari... and a young lady was standing next to it... and she was both of those things!聽

Unlikely to get many rude plates in 'new style' as the DVLA ban them all.聽 It's literally someone's job to work out every rude plate that could be made with the new number each 6 months!

I treated myself to a private plate for a milestone birthday.聽 It's just my name and age.聽 Irony is I haven't been able to drive for a while so didn't assign it to a car.聽 It was just something on my bucket list.聽 How sad is that! :laugh:

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 10:23 AM, TomsFocus said:

How sad is that! :laugh:

its quite cool though, means if you do start driving, you can just throw it on your new car! Or, have a man cave and put it above the door 馃槈

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 9:47 PM, Paulkp said:

BUL541T !

Now that is one I'd love to see on a micra xD

• Like 1

I always fancied F13STA.

14 hours ago, Arathorn said:

I always fancied F13STA.

Thats pretty cool! I wish you could just make a number plate up and sent it to the DVLA for approval 馃槥

1 hour ago, RyboNashy02 said:

Thats pretty cool! I wish you could just make a number plate up and sent it to the DVLA for approval 馃槥

@RyboNashy02聽You can, if it has never been issued then they will put it into an auction. I wanted JULnnl to represent my birthday, where nn is a 2 digit number and l is the year letter I was born. I thought they would just sell me it, but they just put it in their next auction. Someone bought it as by this time I had already bought my own.

• Thanks 1

I've just done a car check and surprised to see that F13 STA isn't currently assigned to a car.聽

I can't believe that in the 30 odd years since F reg no-one has put that on a Fiesta. 馃槷

I guess maybe someone has it on retention, don't think there's any way to check that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arathorn said:

@RyboNashy02聽You can, if it has never been issued then they will put it into an auction.

Oh well that's a shame on your behalf, but atleast you got another one prior!

What is the process you have to go through for this to happen then?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I've just done a car check and surprised to see that F13 STA isn't currently assigned to a car.聽

Thats a litle bit insane! If its free, grab it quick!!

Just now, RyboNashy02 said:

Thats a litle bit insane! If its free, grab it quick!!

Actually, I know why now.... xD

image.png.f9c2abd2946d4f682c015b5c9907eef8.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wsa trying to find one for me on the cheap B61JAR or similar DOB and initials

18 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

was trying to find one for me on the cheap B61JAR or similar DOB and initials

Ive been wanting my own that just says RYBO or something like that.. so it's atleast not dated, its very personalised/short and a pro for them - will be easy to recognise me on their systems

If not ill have to go for something like R80 XXX

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RyboNashy02 said:

Actually, I know why now.... xD

image.png.f9c2abd2946d4f682c015b5c9907eef8.png

Ah, that'll do it! :laugh:聽 聽Not available through DVLA so it must have been purchased by someone at least once

38 minutes ago, RyboNashy02 said:

Ive been wanting my own that just says RYBO or something like that.. so it's atleast not dated, its very personalised/short and a pro for them - will be easy to recognise me on their systems

If not ill have to go for something like R80 XXX

You could go for RY60 XXX...聽 In fact, RY60 NAS is only 拢250 on DVLA site. :biggrin:

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You could go for RY60 XXX...聽 In fact, RY60 NAS is only 拢250 on DVLA site. :biggrin:

That's true, didn't think of the lower case haha! I like it, something different 馃槈

There is a car near here that has the registration L80PY X (looks like LOOPY X at a quick glance), don't know how he hasn't been pulled by the police yet!

• Haha 1

Thanks @Arathorn, I will be asking for a few just incase 馃槈

• Like 1

I think I saw them list plates that they will not allow, but as you found out above you can get anything if it's not offensive (in their eyes), but the more unique it is, the bigger the price, you can easy pay 5 figures for plates, the 2 big ones last I knew were BP 1 and DJ 1omething like that), the funniest one I saw was let's say a bit sensitive to some (not dissing anyone), so I think the safest way for me to say it is "a specific sexual persuasion 4U", I had some fun winding up a mate with that one lol (not in any nasty way). 馃く馃ぃ

• Haha 1

I saw 28P on an old episode of Wheeler Dealers yesterday.聽 That must have been an expensive plate, but it's just fitted to a Merc Sprinter!聽 MOT check shows it's still on the road 10 years later. :smile:

Love it when you see a beauty on the road that someone's keep the maintenance up on! Takes a lot of time to do something like that and it pays off!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club