Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 ecoboost ticking at idle

clueless0812

Hi all,

I'm new here and had a quick gander to see if anyone else has experience this issue but couldn't see anything (please let me know if there is and I'll delete my post).

I've got a 2012 Focus Mk3 ecoboost (36k) which has a weird ticking at idle, but even a slight touch on the acc. and it goes. I've had it for 2 years now and it's only come about in the past 8 months or so. It's really p!$$ing me off now just because I've taken it to the garage and the guy just said "yeah it happens"...not really the answer i wanted. 

Has anyone experienced this and if so, any possible solution?

Cheers

Did the ticking start before or after you had the wet cambelt replaced ?

not had it replaced, was told it didn't need to be yet...?

Search previous forum  post Noise From 1.0 Ecoboost 125Bhp Engine?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, clueless0812 said:

was told it didn't need to be yet...?

The ticking is a bit like the clock on a time bomb. The wet cambelt is at least 18 months overdue. They have to be replaced at a maximum age of 10 years irrespective of the mileage.

• Sad 1

faaaaantastic

any idea on approx. cost? or get shot of it while i still can?

Ford dealers charge between £1400 and as much as £1800 to replace the wet cambelt and a few other bits.

IF you can find an independent garage who will do the job and has the special equipment needed they tend to be a little cheaper at around £1200

It takes between 8 and 10 hours labour (can be as much as 12 if things go wrong) which is why it costs so much.

ouch...

probably the reason the 1 original owner got rid of it when they did

well thanks for the input! knowing that it could go at any point, should probably looking at getting rid of it

20 hours ago, unofix said:

Ford dealers charge between £1400 and as much as £1800 to replace the wet cambelt and a few other bits.

IF you can find an independent garage who will do the job and has the special equipment needed they tend to be a little cheaper at around £1200

It takes between 8 and 10 hours labour (can be as much as 12 if things go wrong) which is why it costs so much.

I am so glad the dealer I bought the car from absorbed this cost as part of the sale price.

I spoke to the techs, they did the wet cambelt, wet oil pump belt, end plate seal and cleaned any detritus from the oil pickup while the sump was off.

Made the car a little more expensive than others but at least I've got a bit of peace of mind that as long as I keep up regular oil changes with the correct spec oil then *fingers crossed* I'm OK for a bit!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club