Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rest Axel/Subframe ST TDCI Estate

OsmanH

Hello any assistance on where to get a rear axle/subframe for st tdci estate 56plate? 

Hi, I take it that the spring top mounts are rotted away! 

You're going to have to search the breakers yards. There's an estate being broken in Lancashire on eBay. Of course, doesn't mean the bit you want is any good.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195721501536?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=b1jcFXNNT96&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=0jgNYbMtSka&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

A word of caution: The rear subframe on the saloon and hatchback is NOT the same as on the estate - some breakers confuse them, so if you find one, make sure you see a picture of it before buying. 

Also, it's not called a subframe on the estate, but a cross member.

Ford part number (finis code) is 1208358, tho' Ford are out of stock. (you probably know that anyway) 

Screenshot_2023-05-22-17-41-44-584_com.android.chrome.png

• Like 1

Crossmember noted…

trying to fix the rear alignment, have fit all the parts possible but been told the rear axle needs changing including bushes and top mounts. 
I’ve got that number found a few but they’re all rusted and in bad condition.

Would you say that’s good condition 

My bad arms yes I’ve got all the arms & hubs. 

wish me luck 

thank you 

I’ve seen that…

basically the rear alignment is off and the guy who is doing the alignment, recommended the only way to get the rear tires back in as they are sat at an angle is to change the rear subframe, which is badly rotten. Otherwise the car is mint

I have changed majority of the arms as the bolts were seized in the arm

• Like 1

Hi everyone, Sorry I have just noticed that the thread had run into 2 pages and didn't find the new comments. How are you getting on with the crossmember OsmanH. I had to replace all the rear suspension arms on mine and the inner adjustable bolt set up was totally siezed. Ihad to burn the rubber out and saw through the bolts(on my back in gravel grrrr). I used a tracking tool from eBay for about £40 and found it really good. I haven't had excess tyre wear since so I felt quite lucky.

• Like 2

Good point about the eccentric nuts and bolts! I wonder if the mechanic that OsmanHis using knows about those adjustment eccentric parts. 

Hopefully he'll be still following, I Of course I didn't until know about them until I got them off but just assembled them where I thought they were and as I say I was lucky, It's a bit of a job which would be easy if the bolts were not seized, but sometimes these are tthe challenges😂(DHL are picking up my refurbished injectors today so I'll be reporting back soon I hope)🤞

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club