Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dropped The Wingnut when securing rearside lights

James008

When replacing the rearside brake bulb I dropped the wing nut as I was securing it back on. I seemed to have dropped it behind a sealed compartment and can only get my hand in so far thru the open gap. Am I best to just buy a new one and replace it, or is there an easy way to get this just I don’t know what where to look? Thanks in advance 

try getting a magnet in there to get it, failing that just get a new one, you can probably get a new one from your local motor factor or somewhere like B&Q

you need a magnet  the pen shape one 

Aren't the wingnuts plastic?  

Buying another one is probably the easiest option, though it might rattle annoyingly if you can't retrieve the original.

• Like 3

Vacuum Cleaner.

• Like 1

Stick with Blutak on the end.

• Like 1

I have done the same. Gave up and got another from a scrap yard.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. The ironic thing is I watched a YouTube video (I’m a female) on how to remove the back rear light and in the video it said specifically “be sure not to drop the wing nut” and well no better person than I to drop it. Needless to say, after 10minutes of trying in vain to get the dropped wing nut I gave up. Phoned two local car stores one of them been Ford, to purchase a replacement yet, it had to be ordered in though will be here for Friday. I posted here just to be sure there wasn’t a simple way to get it. I too initially thought of a magnet yet then remember it was plastic 

• Like 2

Have you a phone with a camera & light on it ? Maybe stick the phone into the gap and see if you can see exactly where it is located, get yourself an all wire coat hanger, unravel it into a length of wire, kink the wire into an L shape, wrap a load of cellotape around the end and go fishing, this is how I retrieved mine.

The blu-tack is a good idea but tried it but the plaggy wingnut kept falling off.

• 8 months later...

The wingnuts are totally unnecessary and are another example of total over engineering; the 2 x T25 s crews are more than adequate.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Leslie6145 said:

...and are another example of total over engineering...

Now, that's a first, I've never seen Ford being accused of, 'over engineering' 🤣

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club