Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multiple warning lights.

Kevin Tole

I have a 2010 fiesta econetic 1.6 diesel. There are multiple warning lights showing on the dash. And I was hoping somebody may have come across a similar problem,and could advise me on a way to repair the problem.Screenshot_2023-05-24-18-51-26-92_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.thumb.jpg.45c7a09d7d881ac976a6ae2f24c7413f.jpg

Get the faults codes read with something that can read both buses and get all Ford codes, such as Forscan. 

• Thanks 1

To add some details, Kevin (Hi!) sent his cluster to me for repair via my eBay repair service based upon a suggestion from someone who looked at his vehicle that it might be a cluster problem. Upon inspection of the cluster I found no cracked joints, and couldn't see anything wrong with it and it's currently on its way back to him. (It's the first one of this cluster model I've received; perhaps this model is unaffected by the cracked joint problem).

Symptoms Kevin told me about include:

• ABS, TCS, EML, drivetrain and power steering lights on
  • Fault codes present for ABS and TCS
  • Power steering does not work
  • Cluster shows mileage when ignition is on, but it is then not shown when the engine is on

Looking up the reg I was given, the vehicle is currently registered as SORN and has not had an MOT since 2019.

A little research suggests that the mileage display issue may simply relate to presence of ABS module issues.

I recommended joining this forum and suggested that it likely has an ABS module fault and perhaps a blown fuse preventing PS from working. I mentioned low/bad batteries sometimes causing faults to appear and the other common Ford problem of corrosion on the GEM/BCM from water ingress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As Alex has said you need to use FORScan and read all the Ford specific DTC's.

From the info given above by @rd457 I would say that this is a Body Control Module problem. Either it is suffering the common problem of water ingress or it has had the BCM replaced with the wrong one.

FORScan: https://forscan.org/download.html

vLinker FS cable: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vgate-vLinker-Adapter-FORScan-MS-CAN/dp/B0952P4MLP

• Thanks 1

Yes it is the 'exact' cable that I bought from amazon last May. Have used it lots and can confirm it is the real vLinker FS cable.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, unofix said:

Yes it is the 'exact' cable that I bought from Amazon last May. Have used it lots and can confirm it is the real vLinker FS cable.

Ordered, thank you @unofix

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club