Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Titanium X electrical problems

wavemeister

I have multiple electrical problems with my 2011 Titanium X diesel, are they related or just coincidence? All have started in the last month and car has done 151000 miles

1. passenger door power fold mirror either does not fold when the car is locked or does not open when car is unlocked. If I use the switch on drivers side to fold and then unfold then it does unfold but takes three or four goes to open.

2. Headlight washers stopped working, the car has xenon lights so I presume it would fail the MOT on this

3. Rear passenger window and passenger window wont open from drivers side switch

4. Passenger window will open from passenger switch but doesn't always close at first pull on the switch. Not tried the rear passenger window from the switch. A bit reluctant to open the windows now in case they wont close again. Drivers window works fine.

5. Cruise control switch sometimes dos not work

6. stop start not worked for months but not bothered about this, I had the battery checked at the last service in January and it was fine.

Everything else is working fine and the car is running fine, an suggestions? or is just reaching the ens of its life?

It sounds very much like you have water ingress to the Body Control Module (BCM) quite a common issue on your model.

BEFORE you investigate the BCM disconnect the car battery.

The BCM is part of the passenger compartment fusebox located under the glovebox. Remove all connectors and look for signs of water ingress and/or greenish corrosion of the connector pins and sockets.

Thanks I will take a look at the weekend, is there any issues disconnecting the battery?

So this morning it won't start, lights come on the dash but lots of clunking

14 hours ago, wavemeister said:

Thanks I will take a look at the weekend, is there any issues disconnecting the battery?

No. Carefully dis the battery (maybe tape up the flying lead so that it doesn't accidentally make contact with the terminal.

Then check BCM

5 hours ago, wavemeister said:

So this morning it won't start, lights come on the dash but lots of clunking

Then check that the batt is  fully charged before reconnecting it.

4 minutes ago, alanfp said:

Then check that the batt is  fully charged before reconnecting it.

When we had water damage to the BCM in our old S-Max, the battery went flat pretty quickly as the headlights were on and couldnt be turned off.  You may have a more subtle drain that is taking the battery low enough to light the dash but not to turn the starter motor.

• Like 1

An update, when it would not start this morning the breakdown came out and concluded the battery was shot, so they jump started it and I went straight to get a new battery fitted. So far

Windows work

Cruise control works

Mirrors fold in and re open

Stop/start works

I will see how it goes

Headlight washers not working but I think the pump may have failed I I have had problems with the washers not fully retracting.

Do they only work when the headlights are on?

Headlight washers only work when the lights are on, and they don't activate every time you use the washer (to save washer fluid). 

Try gently pulling out each headlight washer and clean the shaft (oo-er). If it's dirty that can make it stick. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, erictcleric said:

Headlight washers only work when the lights are on, and they don't activate every time you use the washer (to save washer fluid). 

Try gently pulling out each headlight washer and clean the shaft (oo-er). If it's dirty that can make it stick. 

Think its every 5 squirt of windscreen wash the headlight washers activate.