Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simple way to adjust headlights for travelling in Europe

pcurtis100

Hi

I have a 2022 Ford Transit Custom limited and will be travelling from the UK to France. Is there a simple way to adjust the headlights for driving on the RHS rather than left?  Or do I need to buy stickers for teh headlights?

Thanks

Do you know which type of headlights you have?  I would assume it's just fixed halogens or fixed LEDs on the Transit?  If so, you'll need to buy stickers. 

If you're not sure, have a look at the headlight dial, if it has manual level adjustment (settings 1 2 3 4) then you have fixed lights.

Thanks. Yess it has the 1234 manual adjustment 😞

We bought stickers when we traveled to Italy and back in 2 days. Was a transit custom GT. Pain to get the stickers in the right place. And that was with an MOT beam tester to hand. Never got flashed once though. Well not by other road users but speed cameras, well they did a few times. 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, iantt said:

And that was with an MOT beam tester to hand. Never got flashed once though

I just had my motorbike MOT'd today and it failed 🙁

The High Beam and the Dipped Beam were crossed over !!

I've had the bike for nearly 5 years and this is the forth MOT that I've had done, so the previous 3 tests never noticed the lights being the wrong way. Since I never ride at night I've never noticed the lights been wrong, but I have been riding with the High beam on all of the time 🙄 On the plus side the guy took the wiring to the back of the headlight apart and swapped the wires over for free and then passed the bike 😀

• Like 3

1 hour ago, unofix said:

but I have been riding with the High beam on all of the time 🙄

So it was you who's been blinding me! 

But hey, on two wheels you want to make yourself as visible as possible and you've certainly been doing that!

I also used to avoid riding in the dark, even though the lights on my bike were brilliant (pun intended). I was concerned that other road users (in tin boxes) wouldn't be able to judge my speed or distance from one single light coming towards them.

• Like 1

Ive ridden in the dark on the way to work. I must say the lights are fantastic on the vfr. There twin headlights so the same lighting strength  as a car. Did have a kh100 back in the early 90's and the lights were 1 candles worth but only while you revved it. Stationary it was pretty much no existent. 

• 3 months later...

PCurtis - we have the same issue, we're driving to France and are trying to work out where they actually go on the headlight, can you advise as to where you placed them or even found the information on where to place them?? We got the Halfords ones but the information doesn't include newer Fords Transit Customs and mine is a 2022 like yours. 

Thanks in advance  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club