Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2912 Focus 1.6 tdci econetic

Jon66

I’ve had both the battery and alternator changed, but about 1 minute after starting driving the battery light comes on and the auto stop/start turns off.

I’ve tested the battery and alternator with the engine running, and it’s staying steady at 14.5V even when engine revved, any ideas what could be the issue

1 hour ago, Jon66 said:

I’ve had both the battery and alternator changed, but about 1 minute after starting driving the battery light comes on and the auto stop/start turns off.

I’ve tested the battery and alternator with the engine running, and it’s staying steady at 14.5V even when engine revved, any ideas what could be the issue

In a 2023 car, I'd be straight back to the dealer to sort!

2023.jpg.4d2a201c3d983b15a654c9e37b8dbe2f.jpg

Your title is also confusing, that year is 900 years in the future LOL

7 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

In a 2023 car, I'd be straight back to the dealer to sort!

2023.jpg.4d2a201c3d983b15a654c9e37b8dbe2f.jpg

It's clearly a 2912 car, as stated in the title! :tongue:

(Edit - Too slow lol)

I knew this thread would be a nuisance after site taking a hissy fit and triplicating my post, one edited! LOL

• Haha 1

Just now, StephenFord said:

I knew this thread would be a nuisance after site taking a hissy fit and triplicating my post, one edited! LOL

I think that's karma for ripping on a newbie. 😄

• Haha 1

Just now, TomsFocus said:

I think that's karma for ripping on a newbie. 😄

Indeed, for which I now humbly apologise...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jon66 said:

Don't discount the fact the new alternator could be faulty. Have you tested the voltage whilst the battery light is on and with a decent load such as the headlights on?

If you had the work done at a garage I'd say take it back. They may not have got all the connections tight and secure.