Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 Tdci (2009) - Oil Leak

Law

Has anyone encountered an oil leak with this model where oil is slowly leaking from a breather hose and dripping down on top of the engine? I returned my vehicle, under warranty, and Ford’s replaced the rubber pipe, but unfortunately it’s still happening. It’s going in tomorrow for its first service (12500 miles) so I will get them to have another look.

Would like to hear from anyone with the same issue

Many thanks

Nothing to worrie about aslong as its not leaking lots of oil! every car does it, i have a little puddle underneath mine but it never seems to get any worse

Hi

An oil leak on this generation of cars is not normal at all.

My mg midget leaks oil but only a drip from the differential and from the camshaft oil seal.

My fiesta has not leaked one drop. It has not used one little drip of oil at all since i bought it.

Jamie

Pretty sure it's normal, take it to a garage and see what they say, if it's excessive then might be something wrong

Pretty sure it's normal, take it to a garage and see what they say, if it's excessive then might be something wrong

ive got to agree with jamie on this one, no oil 'leak' should be normal. i would keep at the dealer to get this sorted.

oil Leaks on New cars let alone Modern cars Is 100% not normal.

My morris minor that i sold last year leaked oil and that was 40 years old. My current classic a 1974 1275 MG Midget Leaks but only an egg cup full every 500 miles.

All those on this post who have leaking NEW fiesta's get to a Ford Dealer Near you.

Jamie

I also had the same a couple of weeks ago, took it back to the dealer the service bloke took a quick look cleaned it up a bit and booked it in for the mechanic to look at. It's come back and no problems yet but really in such a new car it shouldn't be happening. I only noticed it when topping up the washer fluid and having a mosey at the engine !!

I noticed a samll amount of oil on top of engine on my 5,000 mile Titty 1.6d. Will have to have a closer look to see if I can tell where its originating from.

No idea if previous Zetec-S Diesel had same problem as it had a big engine cover fitted.

Do all Mk7 1.6ds not have a cover? The fittings appear to be there to accept a cover?

• 3 months later...

Has anyone encountered an oil leak with this model where oil is slowly leaking from a breather hose and dripping down on top of the engine? I returned my vehicle, under warranty, and Ford’s replaced the rubber pipe, but unfortunately it’s still happening. It’s going in tomorrow for its first service (12500 miles) so I will get them to have another look.

Would like to hear from anyone with the same issue

Many thanks

Yes-I've just found the exact same problem with my Fiesta 1.6 Tdci. Owned since March 2010 and with 10k miles covered, oil leaks should not exist. When I googled 'fiesta oil leak' it seems ours are not isolated incidents.

Although I will be taking it in under warranty, it's not a good start to Ford ownership. No-one should be experiencing oil leaks on modern cars so it will be interesting to see what happens when I take it in and complain. :angry:

Mark

Mine is going in to ford on wednesday, as the pipe going from air filter to turbo has split on the turbo end where the clip holds it on. oil dripping from it a tad.

!Removed! hell, this seems more common than we all thought.

I also think most Ford dealers will be aware of it, but try to keep it hushed up - not good.

I think the likes of Top Gear & Whatcar should be informed of this.

!Removed! hell, this seems more common than we all thought.

I also think most Ford dealers will be aware of it, but try to keep it hushed up - not good.

I think the likes of Top Gear & Whatcar should be informed of this.

You are bang on. Forums like this one are exactly the right place to bring up issues/problems (as well as plus points/plaudits of course) which in isolation, would not get addressed. ;) Then take the matter to a higher level to raise awareness (I'm not about slagging off what is in fact a great little car) :wub: .

Mark

Lol at those saying not normal, look at all the replies with the same problem!! I too have the leaky oil breather, causes no damage at all but ford will replace it but it will work loose even after.

It's just a breather pipe.

I cleaned mine and sealed it with sealant, it helped for a few thousand miles but leaks again now. Not really bothered though :)

• 3 years later...

Oil Leaks on New cars let alone Modern cars Is 100% not normal.

My morris minor that i sold last year leaked oil and that was 40 years old. My current classic a 1974 1275 MG Midget Leaks but only an egg cup full every 500 miles.

All those on this post who have leaking NEW fiesta's get to a Ford Dealer Near you.

Jamie

I also had the same a couple of weeks ago, took it back to the dealer the service bloke took a quick look cleaned it up a bit and booked it in for the mechanic to look at. It's come back and no problems yet but really in such a new car it shouldn't be happening. I only noticed it when topping up the washer fluid and having a mosey at the engine !!

Guys please let me know about the reliability of the new TDCI engines, it will help me a lot in choosing my next car.

I have already posted my query in another thread, please find the links below. I welcome all Ford owners to give their insights.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/53721-ford-fiesta-16-tdci-zetec-injector-seals/

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/53721-ford-fiesta-16-tdci-zetec-injector-seals/?p=340408

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/53721-ford-fiesta-16-tdci-zetec-injector-seals/?p=340547

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club