Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 headlight replacement

gamebear88

Hello,

I got a used headlight to replace my waterlogged one, mine currently no longer swivel like they should. 

I noticed however the pins on the replacement headlight are not in the same location as the pins on my current headlight. 

I haven't plugged it in to see if it works in case it shorts and breaks something. They will push in together, it's just the new unit has extra pins where mine does not. 

Replacement is adaptive/swivel headlights just like mine. Just pins are different 

Anyone seen this before and can confirm it will or will not work

Thanks

It would seem you have the wrong version headlight, and they are not interchangeable. You risk causing damage to the BCM depending on how the replacement light is configured. There are at least 4 or more different headlight versions for the Mondeo Mk4, you need to check the full part number and make sure the new one is the same.

For example, if your original light is part number 7S71-13K060-AB then a replacement must be the same part, the only letter that can be different is the last one.

So you could use 7S71-13K060-AC,  7S71-13K060-AD7S71-13K060-AE. However you could not use an older unit like 7S71-13K060-AA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unofix said:

It would seem you have the wrong version headlight, and they are not interchangeable. You risk causing damage to the BCM depending on how the replacement light is configured. There are at least 4 or more different headlight versions for the Mondeo Mk4, you need to check the full part number and make sure the new one is the same.

For example, if your original light is part number 7S71-13K060-AB then a replacement must be the same part, the only letter that can be different is the last one.

So you could use 7S71-13K060-AC,  7S71-13K060-AD7S71-13K060-AE. However you could not use an older unit like 7S71-13K060-AA.

Thanks for this, exactly what I was looking for.  My code is:  BS71-13D153-BB whereas the replacement is:  7S71-13D153-BG. So looks like definitely non compatible

• Like 1

Just now, gamebear88 said:
33 minutes ago, unofix said:

You need the "expensive" adaptive headlight.

eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275766918631

headlight.JPG

I don't suppose you know, as my light no longer turns is there a fix for this that'll be cheaper than a whole new unit?  As it's stopped turning, my driver's side is constantly turning left/right non stop so if I don't fix soon no doubt the motor will burn out 

There is lots of advice and even Youtube videos on how to repair the broken wires of the adaptive headlight on a Focus Mk3, but no mention of the Mondeo.

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

There is lots of advice and even Youtube videos on how to repair the broken wires of the adaptive headlight on a Focus Mk3, but no mention of the Mondeo.

Ok thanks. I might take it apart and take a look myself. Don't fancy spending £200+.  If I do, I'll take notes and record to help others in future. Will post back and update 👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club