Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St-Line 2018 making weird rattle/tick sound

Cal2772

Hi guys,

So I’ve had my Fiesta ST-Line 2018 for a few months now and whilst the car has been everything I’ve wanted, it has always had this annoyingly loud ticking/rattling noise (see video link - https://imgur.com/gallery/2KAy1e4)

I changed the spark plugs today to some new NGK radium ones which I knew would help the shaking/misfiring I was getting at idle/low rpm but this other rattle just won’t go!

I know these cars have a notorious rattle caused by a loose bolt in the turbo, could it be this? 

I’m quite hand when it comes to fixing things so any ideas at to what it might be would be much appreciated!

27 minutes ago, Cal2772 said:

I know these cars have a notorious rattle caused by a loose bolt in the turbo, could it be this? 

You could have a screw loose 😉

PS.  I'm not getting any sound on your video.

Oh not sure why that’s happening! It’s working for me when I click the link, did you click the sound button on the top right to unmute it? 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cal2772 said:

did you click the sound button on the top right to unmute it? 

Nope 🤣

I had the top of the picture off the top of my screen so didn't even see the little icon. The engine does sound a bit rattly but I'd not say it was the turbo. Assuming the engine has the correct specification oil then I would see if you can find another car with the same engine to compare the sound.

• Haha 1

Years ago my dad used to use two foot wood dowel and stick his ear on the end and go around the engine, he could pinpoint the exact area......just a thought, old school idea.

Does the tick increase or decrease with engine speed ?

• Like 1

Sounds more like a sewing machine than a car. Mine sounds something similar, more like something attached to the engine rather than an internal component. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club