Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus 09 brake lights led

mrmetallica
聽Share

any one recommend any decent rear tail brake lights ?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

decent rear tail brake lights

So you don't want front face brake lights ? 馃ぃ

Just now, unofix said:

so funny not

Did you upgrade to LED tail lights?聽 The brake bulbs are dual filament if you have the standard non-LED tail lights but single filament with LEDs.

They're also an awkward fitment in these, with offset pins, so you can't just fit any normal '382' bulb.聽 Need a 782 bulb with LED tail lights or 780 without.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Did you upgrade to LED tail lights?聽 The brake bulbs are dual filament if you have the standard non-LED tail lights but single filament with LEDs.

They're also an awkward fitment in these, with offset pins, so you can't just fit any normal '382' bulb.聽 Need a 782 bulb with LED tail lights or 780 without.

thanks for a sensible comment.

ive got standard bulbs but trying to work out what LED Bulbs will fit my car

15 hours ago, unofix said:

I've noticed that on more recent episodes of Top Gear, when on 'the track', cars often under heavy braking have their front LEDs flashing quickly. I always assumed it was an optical illusion that the LEDs may have reacted with the cameras, but, have they actually wired them to flash under heavy braking??

1 hour ago, mrmetallica said:

ive got standard bulbs but trying to work out what led bulbs will fit my car

Yes, but there are two different types of rear light cluster on the Mk2.5.聽 The brake light bulbs are different between them.聽 So we need to know which yours are first.

The LED versions use an LED strip across the middle for the tail lights, but standard bulbs for indicator and brake.聽 (These were fitted as standard with Xenon headlights).

If you have non-LED tail lights, you'll need a red LED with a 780 offset pin fitment for the combined brake & tail bulb.聽

20 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I've noticed that on more recent episodes of Top Gear, when on 'the track', cars often under heavy braking have their front LEDs flashing quickly. I always assumed it was an optical illusion that the LEDs may have reacted with the cameras, but, have they actually wired them to flash under heavy braking??

Hazard flash under hard braking has been common to many cars over the past 20 years.

DRL flash is caused by camera frame rate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Yes, but there are two different types of rear light cluster on the Mk2.5.聽 The brake light bulbs are different between them.聽 So we need to know which yours are first.

The LED versions use an LED strip across the middle for the tail lights, but standard bulbs for indicator and brake.聽 (These were fitted as standard with Xenon headlights).

If you have non-LED tail lights, you'll need a red LED with a 780 offset pin fitment for the combined brake & tail bulb.聽

mines a mk2.5 mines not led just bulbs hth

5 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

mines a mk2.5 mines not led just bulbs hth

Then you'll need a red LED in 780 fitment for the combined brake and tail light.聽 Won't be easy to find.聽 I can't see one on Autobeam.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Then you'll need a red LED in 780 fitment for the combined brake and tail light.聽 Won't be easy to find.聽 I can't see one on Autobeam.

ive searched and cant seem to find anything suitable cheersill just stick to red bulbs .

5 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

ive searched and cant seem to find anything suitable cheersill just stick to red bulbs .

You could try these.聽 Though I'm not 100% sure they'll fit, or what the quality is like.

2x Red PR21/5W 567 BAW15d 780 P21/5W LED Reverse Signal Tail Stop Brake Light UK 702646208467 | eBay

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You could try these.聽 Though I'm not 100% sure they'll fit, or what the quality is like.

2x Red PR21/5W 567 BAW15d 780 P21/5W LED Reverse Signal Tail Stop Brake Light UK 702646208467 | eBay

Unfortunate brand name... 馃ぃ

rong.jpg.7e71cbe83884c0d4d5b5818794de444f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Talk to the guys at Classic Car LED's, not cheap garbage but will work with no hyperflash fitted them after wrapping the rears from a 2010 in mine

I鈥檝e converted opposed pin red LED鈥檚 into offset pin fitment for my brake light bulbs.

File one pin off then 2 options, either drill a very small hole then use a small screw from kits used to repair glasses etc (possibly Rolson from Tescos) or make the second pin with some solder

Works fine on mine 馃憤

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jimpster said:

Talk to the guys at Classic Car LED's, not cheap garbage but will work with no hyperflash fitted them after wrapping the rears from a 2010 in mine

ok will do

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club