Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car broken into

Jinxy1981

Hi 

my 2013 fiesta titanium 1.0 eco boost got an attempted theft last night but got lucky go disturbed by next door, they’ve broken the door cylinder and the cap over the cylinder is now missing, I’ve sourced a cap but I’m struggling for a door cylinder replacement preferably with the half key type that go into the fob can anyone help me source this please 🙏🏻 

IMG_8063.jpeg

• Sad 2

If only you had keyless entry it would have saved a lot of damage 😉

Always some b*astard breaking into cars 😡 🤬 😡 Utter scum they are.

Hope you get the car looking like it was never tampered with, our old Pug' got attacked with a large screwdriver & hammer, they got disturbed halfway through but still managed to nick the stereo and gear lever, they left the screwdriver & hammer on the floor, door lock & surround was a right mess. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, unofix said:

Ironically, that little black square suggests they do!  Must be an old school thief that's still jamming a screwdriver in a lock barrel! :rolleyes1:

58 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ironically, that little black square suggests they do!  Must be an old school thief that's still jamming a screwdriver in a lock barrel! :rolleyes1:

Most of the mk7.5s are stolen like this, smash the lock so they can unlock the car, open the boot as this won’t trigger the alarm, then plug into the OBD to start the car.

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2023 at 11:46 PM, unofix said:

It is key less but you still have to open it in case the fob doesn’t work 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 10:18 AM, TomsFocus said:

Yeah jammed the lock and the little storage hole at the side of the steering wheel was open where the obd goes 

1 minute ago, Jinxy1981 said:

It is key less

Yes I know it is, I can see the little black button on the handle. It was a tongue in cheek answer because of another thread that was running at the same time where many people were stating how dangerous keyless entry is because that's how all cars are stolen, allegedly.

• Like 3

On 5/29/2023 at 9:45 AM, Ian Lanc said:

Always some b*astard breaking into cars 😡 🤬 😡 Utter scum they are.

Hope you get the car looking like it was never tampered with, our old Pug' got attacked with a large screwdriver & hammer, they got disturbed halfway through but still managed to nick the stereo and gear lever, they left the screwdriver & hammer on the floor, door lock & surround was a right mess. 

I’m gutted if I’m honest, I look after my car even park at the other end of super market car parks to avoid the door dingers, 

I think I’ve source a colour match handle cover and I’ve ordered a new cylinder.

I’ve also bought a steers wheel lock and a clutch Pendel lock too 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

All repaired, thanks for the help everyone, I got colour matched paint from paintnuts.co.uk and plastic primer from amazon and the lock cylinder recommended on here from eBay 

IMG_8201.jpeg

IMG_8203.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see the car better 😎 It'll take you some time to get over the criminal damage.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club