Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do You Think This Is A Good Price For My 2009 Fiesta ??

poshpawsfiesta

i have been talking to a nice guy from ford online about trading the fezza in for a 60 plate focus and heres the price for mine its a 2009 59 ford fiesta 1.4 tdci 5 door zetec vision blue with bluetooth imaculate condition 15000 miles and he has offered me £8750 for it i am so shocked that is all its worth as it was £12500 only 9 months ago (not that i doubt his valuation in any way) and he has quoted me for a 60 plate ford focus 1.6 tdci zetec 110 bhp with sony surround and dab and 17 inch wheels and tinted glass for £14720 in colorado red , watcha think ??????? thanks in advance for your views :)

I think you need to keep a car for more than ten minutes. Trading in a car that new seems really pointless to me unless you're really unhappy with it. The bulk of the depreciation happens as soon as the car rolls off the forecourt and in the first year of ownership and following that it slows.

Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.4i Zetec 3dr 2008 (08) 30,000 miles

Dealer £8,260

Private £7,410

Part exchange £6,865

Trade £6,610

Cost new £12,795

Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.4i Zetec 3dr 2009 (09) 20,000 miles

Dealer £9,470

Private £8,550

Part exchange £7,885

Trade £7,575

Cost new £13,395

Total depreciation after one year - 29.4%

Total depreciation after two years - 35.5% (based on dealer sale from list price at time of purchase)

In my opinion you're better off hanging on to the Fez for at least another year.

Oh, and for your car from what car,

Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.4 TDCi Zetec 5dr 2009 (59) 15,000 miles

Dealer £10,890

Private £9,870

Part exchange £9,345

Trade £8,995

Cost new £15,195

The valuation you have recieved is nowhere near the money.

seems pointless trading in a 59 plate fiesta for a 60 plate and having to pay an extra 6k or more?? you might aswell buy a bigger better car if your gonna do that? just my opinion tho?

seems pointless trading in a 59 plate fiesta for a 60 plate and having to pay an extra 6k or more?? you might aswell buy a bigger better car if your gonna do that? just my opinion tho?

ye a focus 1.6 tdci is a bigger better car thou :)

Oh, and for your car from what car,

The valuation you have recieved is nowhere near the money.

yes i did a what car valuation aswell , i think a bit of batering is in order to get the best deal :):) i think his valuation is for september when the reg is a year old , the reg is only 6 months old atm , if u know wat i mean :)

I think you need to keep a car for more than ten minutes. Trading in a car that new seems really pointless to me unless you're really unhappy with it. The bulk of the depreciation happens as soon as the car rolls off the forecourt and in the first year of ownership and following that it slows.

Total depreciation after one year - 29.4%

Total depreciation after two years - 35.5% (based on dealer sale from list price at time of purchase)

In my opinion you're better off hanging on to the Fez for at least another year.

yes ill av a chat with my dad see wot he says its upto him at the end off the day hes the man with the cash lol

If you really love the Focus you're better off buying used, the residuals are so poor, you can get some excellent bargains. Infact, haven't you just bought your own car? Who is this for!?

If you really love the Focus you're better off buying used, the residuals are so poor, you can get some excellent bargains. Infact, haven't you just bought your own car? Who is this for!?

its for me and dad, ill will drive it occasionly , he just misses the rear leg room and boot space and the extra power , the 1.4 tdci is fine for 1 or 2 peoples load but when u got boot full and 4 people in it , it can be near on dangerous :)

wht like this ??? http://www.fordonline.co.uk/Used-Car-Details/used-ford-focus-16td-zetec-hatchback-metallic-panther-black-manual-diesel-ID_1067330000990175.aspx he said he can do this for £11750 :) wat ya think ?

not being funny but a fiesta or a focus? i know my problem would be insurance... so the fiesta anytime but if your able to pay the extra hike go for it

Looks pricey to me...

One thing to bear in mind is the Focus is going to be replaced in about 6 months (see pic at the top of this very page B) ). The current model residuals are likely to be hit hard when that comes out, so make sure that's factored in to the price. Or wait a while and get the current Focus even cheaper as it's run out (or be first in line for one of the new models if you're feeling brave...)

Looks pricey to me...

One thing to bear in mind is the Focus is going to be replaced in about 6 months (see pic at the top of this very page B) ). The current model residuals are likely to be hit hard when that comes out, so make sure that's factored in to the price. Or wait a while and get the current Focus even cheaper as it's run out (or be first in line for one of the new models if you're feeling brave...)

this is what we was originally going to do wait for a special edtion current focus ( like the fiesta zetec blue) to come out with loads of extras on it but dirt cheap and buy then , but i dont no the official relase date for the new one, me and dad have been looking around alot of ford dealers lately and simmular speced fiestas are more expensive than focuses even thou it a smaller car as the new fiesta is the current new model , so even now it seems a good time to buy, but i think thy will carry the current focus on fr a while (lik the clio campus and 206) for bargain seekers and for people like me who hate the new focus :):) ergghhhh so confused on what to do , keep fezza, change now, or wiat hmmmmm hmmmm lol

I'm confused...you said in an earlier post that the Fiesta was your mum's so by that statment the car aint even yours to sell!

Then there is your bucket of junk clio, or had you forgotten about that? For somebody who dislkes Ford's seems to be changing their story every day.

As others have said, its pointless going from a 59 plate to a 60 plate. Most people with new cars will change between year's 2 and 3 (like myself) as the loss in money is nowhere near as bad.

I'm confused...you said in an earlier post that the Fiesta was your mum's so by that statment the car aint even yours to sell!

Then there is your bucket of junk clio, or had you forgotten about that? For somebody who dislkes Ford's seems to be changing their story every day.

thats what i thought!

As others have said, its pointless going from a 59 plate to a 60 plate. Most people with new cars will change between year's 2 and 3 (like myself) as the loss in money is nowhere near as bad.

mums got a mk7 fezza 1.25 she is happy with it and loves it

i got a clio for me it may be bucket of junk in ur opinion but its what i can afford if i could afford a new fezza or focus i would have one

and dad had focus 2.0 not good on fuel so traded in for 1.4 tdci fezza (wich i share with him) but now wants a focus back as he is paid for the amount of animals he kills not per hours , so now his work has picked up he can afford to get a focus back so he asked me to find him a good deal and i dont hate ford they are my favourite car brand thats y i am on a ford forum :)

he is paid for the amount of animals he kills not per hours ,

do i want to know what your dad does?!

do i want to know what your dad does?!

well unless ur a veggie it dont matter does it :)

Im Confused as well by all these posts,

Why isnt your dad talking to fords? after your comments at the end of June about how you bought an 18 month old fiesta for £1500 less than a new one,I wouldnt have thought your negotiation skills were anything special.

Your first question asks if £8750 is a good price,surely only you can work that out,whatever any of us say is irrelevent,as we wont be buying it.

When I bought my car I contacted 3 dealers from seperate groups to get comparitive quotes,have you bothered to do this?

Ref another of your posts

but i think thy will carry the current focus on fr a while (lik the clio campus and 206) for bargain seekers and for people like me who hate the new focus

Why dont you check your facts before posting,there is no intention (or need) to carry on building the old focus.

What makes you think ford are going to set up a line to build cars just for people like you.

The business reasoning behind the campus and 206 is completely different.

Dave

Im Confused as well by all these posts,

Why isnt your dad talking to fords? after your comments at the end of June about how you bought an 18 month old fiesta for £1500 less than a new one,I wouldnt have thought your negotiation skills were anything special.

Your first question asks if £8750 is a good price,surely only you can work that out,whatever any of us say is irrelevent,as we wont be buying it.

When I bought my car I contacted 3 dealers from seperate groups to get comparitive quotes,have you bothered to do this?

Ref another of your posts

but i think thy will carry the current focus on fr a while (lik the clio campus and 206) for bargain seekers and for people like me who hate the new focus

Why dont you check your facts before posting,there is no intention (or need) to carry on building the old focus.

What makes you think ford are going to set up a line to build cars just for people like you.

The business reasoning behind the campus and 206 is completely different.

Dave

firstly i had noting to do with mums fiesta i diddnt even know she was getting one so thats that.

secondly what i think is a good price is diffrent to what is a good price , i was just thinking there mite be a person on here who knows abit more about trade in prices than me.

thirdly we have spoken to birchwood ford and they say that the focus 1..6 tdci are quite rare on the nearly new marked and they dont have any avaliable atm, and i have spoken to someone from ford i.e ' ford online' who told me about various focus he had , and i just posted it on here to see if any of you thought thy were good cars for the money.

fourthly saying ' i think' is not saying a fact is it , saying 'i think' is a personall opinion isnt it ! , or i would had sed ''i know'' ford are carrying on the current focus wouldnt i !!

Why don't you take it to a few other dealers and see what they offer for it? Now don't shoot me but 8750 for a month old 1.4 fiesta seems abit cheap? Maybe if you was taking the cash, but I reckon it should be more because your trading it in (which as far as I know is normally the case)

Heff

Why don't you take it to a few other dealers and see what they offer for it? Now don't shoot me but 8750 for a month old 1.4 fiesta seems abit cheap? Maybe if you was taking the cash, but I reckon it should be more because your trading it in (which as far as I know is normally the case)

Heff

the car in total is just under a year old , it would of cost a good 15500 new and we paid 12500 wen it was 3 months old , so yea i do think 8750 is really low for wat it is , but depends how badly dad wants a focus dosent it lol :)

I didn't mean a month old I ment 6months haha and yeh I reckon you could maybe get 10 or 9750 at least :D Just my opinion I'm no car dealer :D

Heff

i was thinkin 10 grand aswell , ill have to wait and see :):)

i was thinkin 10 grand aswell , ill have to wait and see :):)

You are going to have a very long wait mate!

You can get a new zetec 1.4tdci 5d (well pre reg ,del miles) for 11.5k

You could get a fiesta edge brand new for 9500

Why would anyone pay you 10K ???

You are dreaming

Why do you keep quoting list pice,they are NOT 15500 new,they are nearer to 12,500 at any dealer,the list price is a nonsense.

To get a realistic price go to webuyanycar and see what they offer you,

Dave

ps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club